Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Boyle is Back (at practice)

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    “Boyle tore up his knee last November against the Patriots. It's been a long road back as Boyle has had multiple surgeries and a few stops-and-starts. He'll need a few weeks of practices before he's close to game ready, but today's news is certainly a positive.”

“On the surface, Ricard, Boyle and Tomlinson would seem to be a bit excessive with the blocking types. But if they don't feel that Oliver is a contributor, that could save Tomlinson. They could also keep 4 TEs although that may be tough.”

More from Jeff Z on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I would say four TEs is not happening once Boyle is in game shape. We have an abundance of WRs, especially when Sammy comes back. (Holy shit, who would have ever thought they'd read that sentence on a Ravens board?) TE4 will be on the practice squad, not the 53. Tomlinson is the odd man out.
    "Chin up, chest out."

“Boyle tore up his knee last November against the Patriots. It's been a long road back as Boyle has had multiple surgeries and a few stops-and-starts. He'll need a few weeks of practices before he's close to game ready, but today's news is certainly a positive.”

“On the surface, Ricard, Boyle and Tomlinson would seem to be a bit excessive with the blocking types. But if they don't feel that Oliver is a contributor, that could save Tomlinson. They could also keep 4 TEs although that may be tough.”

More from Jeff Z on Twitter.

Tomlinson's been blocking very well this season. I'd keep him over Oliver, who's just kind of been existing.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Tomlinson's been blocking very well this season. I'd keep him over Oliver, who's just kind of been existing.
    This

The way this season's been going there will be roster space for everyone, unfortunately. They haven't had to make a single tough roster decision since cut down day.

“The Ravens have designated TE Nick Boyle to return from IR and the plan is for him to practice today.”

Per Jeff Zrebiec.

The run game continues to look better. Hope he can possibly come back against the Vikings.

Finally some good news from the injury front.

Boyles impact has definitely been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    That’s awesome. This sounds like he could be ready by Vikings or Dolphins if they don’t want him coming back to play 2 games in 5 days.
    Yeah, I forgot about the Thursday game after the Vikings...Thursday game @ Miami might be a good game to bring him back...maybe spell Ricard a bit in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    This is why it trips me the fuck out when some fans be calling players soft or bitching about them taking too long to recover from an injury. Like do mofos really understand the kind of damage these guys do to their bodies to play professional football?

"...hamstring ripped off the bone on top of destroying his knee and fracturing his tibia..."

Also known to fans as "typical knee injury"

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    This is why it trips me the fuck out when some fans be calling players soft or bitching about them taking too long to recover from an injury. Like do mofos really understand the kind of damage these guys do to their bodies to play professional football?

"...hamstring ripped off the bone on top of destroying his knee and fracturing his tibia..."

Yea career ender for most folks

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post

To be fair I do remember at the time people said it was a bad injury. But I didn't know it was that bad. Glad he didn't end up like Nico Siragusa.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've gotta agree. At season's start I would have looked at this the other way around, but Oliver only has 5 catches (30 yards) and hasn't been the pass-catching TE (like Hurst) that complements Andrews. Meanwhile, Tomlinson (no catches) has done a yeoman's job as blocking TE in Boyle's absence... Bc

Sheesh. Both Stanley & Boyle suffered truly devastating injuries. I just hope for their continued recovery & health!