Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Bengals @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Ravens 37
    Bengals 24

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    In fairness, 0 games in and JZC was already calling Miles Boykin the second coming of DK Metcalf. =P
    Bengals fans are a trip. I know they are biased, so are we. But good grief, being 4-2 does not make you a world beater! They really do believe that its us or them for the division title. I'm like, have you seriously looked at your remaining games after Baltimore?

Bmore 28
    Bengals 14

3. Re: The OFFICIAL Bengals @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Raven 24
    Bengals 14

Ravens 24
    Bengals 23

Ravens 30
    Bengals 20

Ravens - 31
    Bengirls- 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Not making a score prediction, but this is a game where I really wish we had Marcus Peters. That Burrow to Chase connection is cooking right now and I would love to have a savvy vet back there lulling them into thinking they could hit a big play. I'm a little worried that Averrett might panic if he's covering Chase. This would be a great game for the Ravens to play front to back. Get pressure with 4 and get Burrow shaky in the pocket. Ravens do that and it's a win.
    I’m willing to bet Humphrey is shadowing him and will beat him up at the line of scrimmage and make him look like a rookie, who while very good, has not faced an All Pro NFL cornerback to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL Channel talking about the top-notch Bengal receivers-and I'm sure they are. A couple of those folks are picking the Bengals on Sunday. However, Ravens receivers like Bateman and Duvernay aren't on national radar screen yet. They will be, and maybe starting on Sunday.I'd say Ravens 30, Bengals 24.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I haven't looked at the Bengals closely this year.
    What are they doing...how they getting it done on defense?
    Here's a good piece on The Ringer, addressing exacty that question:

The Bengals Defense Has Found Its Identity
    By Kaelen Jones Oct 20, 2021
    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/1...ense-afc-north
    Awuzie, who’s had an outstanding start to the year, is one of five defensive starters whom the Bengals signed during the offseason. The other veteran signings—defensive linemen Larry Ogunjobi and Trey Hendrickson, and cornerbacks Mike Hilton and Eli Apple, along with trading for defensive tackle B.J. Hill in August—represent Cincinnati’s pointed attempt to assemble a more physical, competitive defensive unit coming to fruition. ... D.J. Reader ... played only five games last season before going down with a quad injury. ... The Bengals signed former Seahawks starting corner Tre Flowers off waivers last week, adding another veteran to the unit.
    Anarumo most often employs single-high safety looks, but he’s mixed in two-high shells depending on the opponent. While Anarumo doesn’t blitz often (the Bengals are tied for 23rd in blitz rate (20.2 percent), according to Pro Football Reference), he isn’t shy about heating up quarterbacks on third downs, frequently bringing Hilton on nickel corner blitzes and occasionally turning free safety Jessie Bates III or strong safety Vonn Bell loose to muddy passing lanes and hurry passers. But in neutral situations, he relies on the front four to generate pressure on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    6 games in and he’s already better than Tyreek Hill?
    Yup. Most obviously on contested catches and toughness. But Chase has an all-around game. He does everything, where Tyreek is more one-dimensional.

Tyreek is faster in a straight line. But Chase runs a 4.38, so the advantage isn't meaningful; either one is the fastest guy on the field in their games.

Chase has 13.5 yards-per-target this season, where Tyreek has 9.4 yards-per-target. That's a decent illustration of the difference between them; but it might understate it. Tyreek has BY FAR the better QB; and Tyreek plays in the better scheme. But Chase is still out-producing him (per target).

Ravens 28
    Bengals 15

Blog Entries

While I like Burrow and Cincy has closed the competitive gap in the AFC North they are just not quite ready for the Ravens.

Ravens 30
    Cincy 23