Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Bengals @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Ravens 31
    Bengals 28
    Chase introduces himself to the series with 2 TDs, but it's not enough to overcome Lamar's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Bengals 31
    Ravens 20

I don't really think so, but I picked the Chargers to win last week and that had a good effect.
    I keep picking them to lose and they keep winning so I’m not gonna stop lol

This game worries me. Cincy has a good defense. Probably the best D we've played so far. They're #5 in defensive DVOA; 8th against the pass, 4th against the run.

And their opponents haven't ALL been chumps either. The Vikings are 3-3, and can score. The Packers.

Will be a tough game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This game worries me. Cincy has a good defense. Probably the best D we've played so far. They're #5 in defensive DVOA; 8th against the pass, 4th against the run.

And their opponents haven't ALL been chumps either. The Vikings are 3-3, and can score. The Packers.

Will be a tough game.
    I haven't looked at the Bengals closely this year.
    What are they doing...how they getting it done on defense?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    What are they doing...how they getting it done on defense?
    Apologize in advance. Heart says Ravens, head says Cincinnati. Ravens take 3 outta 4 this homestand; this is the L. 34-29. so close.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    What are they doing – how they getting it done on defense?
    No idea. I haven't watched them at all. I gather from the talk shows that they can rush the passer. Trey Hendrickson has 5½ sacks; DT BJ Hill has 3. Logan Wilson can evidently play: leads them in total tackles and is second in passes-defensed.

Mike Tanier wrote this in today's Walkthru:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tanier
    Five to Watch

This week's edition of Five to Watch focuses on emerging stars and unheralded free-agent additions on defense.

Chidobe Awuzie, Cornerback, Cincinnati Bengals
    Awuzie has been one of the Bengals' best players on either side of the ball this year. And it's not like he hasn't been tested: Awuzie shadowed Davante Adams for most of the Packers loss and battled him more or less to a draw. (Adams caught some passes, but Awuzie recorded an interception). Awuzie also took care of Justin Jefferson in Week 1.

Awuzie has been shadowing No. 1 receivers frequently this season and may draw Marquise Brown this week against the Ravens. He will also likely be tested as a run defender and in second-stage coverage when Lamar Jackson does his thing. One thing is certain: Mike Nolan should not be allowed within 500 feet of even a Pop Warner field after making a Cowboys defense with Awuzie and Trevon Diggs look ridiculous last year.
    So maybe the answer is just, "better personnel".

I've never heard of their DC before, Lou Anarumo. But he came up as a DB coach, so I assume he coaches "back to front" and emphasizes stopping the pass.

I am glad we are getting them now. Burrow went to the hospital with a severe throat contusion from the last game, and has had to rest his voice all week. I bet his throat really hurts on Sunday. If you are going to the game, be loud when he is on the field.

Ravens 27
    Bengals 9
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Not making a score prediction, but this is a game where I really wish we had Marcus Peters. That Burrow to Chase connection is cooking right now and I would love to have a savvy vet back there lulling them into thinking they could hit a big play. I'm a little worried that Averrett might panic if he's covering Chase. This would be a great game for the Ravens to play front to back. Get pressure with 4 and get Burrow shaky in the pocket. Ravens do that and it's a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Not making a score prediction, but this is a game where I really wish we had Marcus Peters. That Burrow to Chase connection is cooking right now and I would love to have a savvy vet back there lulling them into thinking they could hit a big play. I'm a little worried that Averrett might panic if he's covering Chase. This would be a great game for the Ravens to play front to back. Get pressure with 4 and get Burrow shaky in the pocket. Ravens do that and it's a win.
    I’m still more afraid of Tyreek Hill and they managed to keep him quiet. And Keenan Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I’m still more afraid of Tyreek Hill and they managed to keep him quiet. And Keenan Allen.
    Ja'Marr Chase is better than Tyreek & Keenan Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ja'Marr Chase is better than Tyreek & Keenan Allen.
    6 games in and he’s already better than Tyreek Hill? Ok.

12. Re: The OFFICIAL Bengals @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    6 games in and he’s already better than Tyreek Hill? Ok.
    In fairness, 0 games in and JZC was already calling Miles Boykin the second coming of DK Metcalf. =P