Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens OLine depth is a concern.

The other option was Jack Conklin who had a great rookie season at RT. He never was able to make the transition over to the left side. His play regressed so much that the Titans never did exercise his 5th year option. Conklin signed with the Browns as a free agent but was supposed to be exclusively a RT. That's not what the Ravens were looking for at #6.

Who Ozzie really wanted was Jalen Ramsey but he just couldn't get that trade up done. Jerry Jones who was controlling the spot they had to get to was convinced that Ozzie was interested in Zeke instead of Ramsey. If we got the wrong player it was not another Tackle but it was in not paying the price to move up for Ramsey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    My point is that almost all teams tell you the exact injury. The Ravens are now worse than the Patriots with this stuff.

I also can't find anywhere official that says Stanley has nerve damage. Was that just from Jeff Z?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    The only place I heard the nerve damage stuff was from quotes on this board. I've never heard or read anything put out by anyone from the Ravens.

I completely agree that they are as bad as the Patriots when it comes to injury talk and that's by design. It sucks for fans but I doubt Harbaugh cares. He's going to comply with the NFL rules and nothing more

Y'all need to chill.

Point 1... don't know why people are questioning picking Ronnie in the first place. Dude had a freak injury that was completely beyond his control and busted his ass to get back. It didn't work and now we wait. Can't look back with hindsight and be right. Ya'll would be saying the same thing if we had picked Tunsil and he had the same injury. It's not about Ronnie.

Point 2... we don't know what he's dealing with right now. Stop making assumptions. It sucks that we haven't heard anything but that doesn't mean the worst. The guy is rehabbing. Let it play out and see what happens instead of assuming his career is over. He's been with the team and standing on the sidelines during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Tyre Phillips will be back in a couple weeks. Really need to have no more injuries between now & the bye week. Stanley - no one knows when/if he'll play again. Phillips - just started practicing. Boyle - TE but really an extra OL when healthy - is about ready to start practice again. Cleveland - back around the bye week. JuJuan James - available late season. There's a David Sharpe on PS who played OT for Washington & was not bad. He's an emergency body. We're gonna be super thin up front for the next 2-3 games, but hopefully get reinforcements & get stronger as the year progresses.
    Phillips will be back today

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Why move Powers when he's has been pretty solid at LG? Tyre has never really filled me with confidence.
    Agree. At worst I could see Powers rotating with Phillips like he did with Cleveland, but I doubt it. I think Phillips will be back to be the backup at 4 spots on the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I agree that Powers is weak. He's serviceable at best. However, Phillips is only swing tackle (unless you'd prefer see Andre Smith again ).

Far from ideal, yet I'd rather Phillips sit until if/when Villanueva or Mekari crap out.
    Mekari has been doing surprisingly well. I believe when, if, Stanley comes back, we could see AV as the swing tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That means he's not out for the season. Whenever you see someone carted off with a leg injury the thought is that he's torn or broken something.
    this used to be very true. Now they cart people off as as just in case situation, to be careful. Players can still come back from mcl and meniscus depending on severity. Same thing with high ankle sprains.

Blog Entries

Tell you something, I got Mekari totally wrong. The guy has done a tremendous job at right tackle. I still think his best position is at guard with his lack of length, but I am no longer worried about Mekari and think it's gonna be him and Stanley when Ronnie returns.

I am starting to get a little worried about Bozeman and that's not so much about him going out of the game yesterday. He has now turned in 3 bad games in a row after a solid start to the season. He has gone from the bright spot of the OL to one of the bigger concerns in the space of 2 weeks. I hope he can return to his form from earlier in the season healthy of course.

Considering the questions about Stanley, I would practice Phillips almost exclusively at tackle...he's probably the best option to be the swing guy until/if Stanley returns.

Count me in too though as someone very concerned about Stanley...I'm really curious as to what the real damage was there to his ankle...if it were just primarily the bones and a tendon or 2, I'd assume the time to rehab was sufficient last year. So like most everyone else, I'm curious as to what the deal is. Is this going to be an annual thing where his ankle will always be a big issue with pain or is this something that can be fixed with another surgery after the season (multiple surgeries for the same issues are alarm bells for me)?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I thought I saw Phillips playing LG in mop up duty at the end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I thought I saw Phillips playing LG in mop up duty at the end.
    last series he did (Power moved to RG). Colon replaced Bozeman after the injury.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tell you something, I got Mekari totally wrong. The guy has done a tremendous job at right tackle. I still think his best position is at guard with his lack of length, but I am no longer worried about Mekari and think it's gonna be him and Stanley when Ronnie returns.
    I too am pleasantly surprised at how well Mekari has played RT. I don't agree that OG is his best position though. I think he'd be just one of a group of guys (Cleveland, Powers, and Phillips) who play there. He's a decent back-up @ Center, but I believe Colon is the better choice. Therefore, I think he has found his "spot" @ RT and I hope he continues to play there until he proves otherwise... Bc