Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Debate: Trade Justin Tucker for a first rounder?

Isn't the first time I've said this but he's the beat player in the nfl.

He does his job better than anyone else does theirs.

I'd take the first round pick. The Ravens have shown a knack for finding and developing young kickers over the years. Plus, Tucker is 6 for 10 in playoff field goal attempts since 2018.

The Buffalo playoff game last year showed that wind can make Tucker look just like every other kicker in the league. Why put such an exorbitant price on a guy who can be negated by 20 MPH of wind?

I love him, but people are way overvaluing kickers in this thread.

I love Tucker, but I think we're overreacting to a rough early season for some NFL kickers. There are a lot of good NFL kickers anymore. Not one of them is as good as Tucker. He is phenomenal, but you can absolutely replace most of his value.

In 2020:
    Tucker was 14 for 15 inside of 40. The majority of the league matched that efficiency.
    Tucker was 9 for 9 from 40-49. 5 other kickers made all their kicks in that range (min 5 attempts). There were another 11 who only missed once.
    Tucker was 3 for 5 from 50+. He's usually better than that, but basically half the league managed a similar or better success rate at 50+ with a similar or greater number of attempts.

In 2019:
    Perfect inside of 40. So were 11 other guys (min 10 attempts). 12 other guys only missed 1.
    10 for 11 at 40-49. Only 4 other guys were as good or better (min 7 attempts), but there were 9 guys who missed 2 (min 7 attempts).
    Tucker was 1 for 1 from 50, so it's hard to compare given the lack of sample size.

Point is, he's great, but there are a lot of kickers who will only cost you a couple extra kicks a season. Maybe one of those is the difference between a win and a loss, but most will be in games decided by more than 3 points. Just like most Oweh sacks or forced fumbles will come in games that probably weren't decided by that one play. But sometimes one will be.

For reference, here are our 1st round picks in the Decosta era.
    Marquise Brown
    Patrick Queen
    Rashod Bateman
    Odafe Oweh

I can understand 1 first. I don't understand the people saying Tucker is worth multiple. I'm not giving up two players at random from that list above to keep Tucker.

Blog Entries

The article seems to imply teams would not trade a 1st rounder for Tucker. Funny thing is I’d ask for 3 first rounders for Tucker.

Blog Entries

A trade for Justin Tucker would be like exchanging :

for this :

No thanks... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    A trade for Justin Tucker would be like exchanging :

for this :

No thanks... Bc
    For some teams, maybe? But the Ravens have a history of finding impact players in the first round. If this pick were top 15 overall, it's pretty much guaranteed that the Ravens will pick a good to great impact player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It’s all fun and games until we get into a tight game and need a kicker to make a kick.
    / thread

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I venture more people would say yes to trading John Harbaugh under these conditions than Justin Tucker.

Hmm, would you trade Justin Tucker for any HC?

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I'd take the first round pick. The Ravens have shown a knack for finding and developing young kickers over the years. Plus, Tucker is 6 for 10 in playoff field goal attempts since 2018.

The Buffalo playoff game last year showed that wind can make Tucker look just like every other kicker in the league. Why put such an exorbitant price on a guy who can be negated by 20 MPH of wind?

I love him, but people are way overvaluing kickers in this thread.
    Now there's two of us with sensible opinions I don't feel so alone.

Blog Entries

I would have traded Flacco before I will trade Justin Tucker.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    For some teams, maybe? But the Ravens have a history of finding impact players in the first round. If this pick were top 15 overall, it's pretty much guaranteed that the Ravens will pick a good to great impact player.
    Part of that history is that UDFA's that have some talent want to sign with the Ravens - knowing that it is unlikely to win the job from Tucker, however, they will have from the time they sign until the time they are cut or traded to LEARN at Tuckers side. If there is no Tucker here it is unlikely that the cream UDFA talent will come here.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Part of that history is that UDFA's that have some talent want to sign with the Ravens - knowing that it is unlikely to win the job from Tucker, however, they will have from the time they sign until the time they are cut or traded to LEARN at Tuckers side. If there is no Tucker here it is unlikely that the cream UDFA talent will come here.
    Tucker was an UDFA. So was Hauschka. Robbie Gould was here for a cup of coffee. The Ravens history of finding kickers as UDFAs started well before Tucker. They're a team that finds talent kicking. Whether that's punting, field goals or kickoffs. They'd do it again if Tucker weren't here.