Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

You know, I was just thinking.

Man, imagine what Lamar would be capable of if the WRs/TEs just held onto the damned ball. I mean its just glaring. Every team deals with drops, but when you watch other games, you just don't see that many with the same frequency. It's like a curse upon the team or something.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: You know, I was just thinking.

5-1 is pretty good regardless

The Chargers had plenty of drops on Sunday.

The Ravens have probably had more drops over their history of bad pass catchers but this year's group is above average and the drop rate will probably look fine over the course of the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    5-1 is pretty good regardless
    It is, but this is a problem that dates back years before Lamar even arrived. So, a 5-1 isn't enough cleanse my soul here.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    The Chargers had plenty of drops on Sunday.

The Ravens have probably had more drops over their history of bad pass catchers but this year's group is above average and the drop rate will probably look fine over the course of the season.
    Above average by Ravens' standards you mean? Because league standards and Ravens' standards in that regard, are vastly different. And what we saw from the Chargers on Sunday was a rarity for them. What we saw from our group is normal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It is, but this is a problem that dates back years before Lamar even arrived. So, a 5-1 isn't enough cleanse my soul here.
    Maybe we don’t really pay as much attention to detail of other teams and just magnify every mistake that the Ravens make. They do drop the ball a lot though not going to say that they don’t.

The Ravens do have some talent and depth now with their pass catchers. You don't want Bateman to drop the ball like he did on Sunday, but there are other options for Lamar. This isn't a situation where you hope Perriman or Boykin plays well or you're screwed in the passing game.

Drops happen, but they are balanced by great catches, that's football.

I look at what they’re doing right. Bateman snatches the ball out of the air; Proche may be the most sure-handed WR in franchise history; Duvernay doesn’t drop balls either. Hollywood and Andrews need to be more consistent, and I don’t think Watkins will improve at this stage of his career, but this group is way better than they usually have.

You know I was thinking...........how often these types of threads were created when Flacco was here. Drops are part of the game. I don't see it being an issue. Drops have nothing to do with what Lamar is capable of doing other than adding to his stats. We already know what Lamar is capable of (see 2019). We have 44 games worth of tape. Drops don't take away from that if you take the long view.

WE are 5-1 because of our Lamar and our WRs.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

To be fair, it is better than what we've previously had. It's just frustrating, because that's judging by our standards. By league standards, our group is still nowhere near consistent enough. We have an MVP at QB and I cannot honestly look at this group, Andrews included, and call it a top 10 group. Drops are a big reason why. I think that, often times, Lamar's ability to take over a game both ways, masks just how frustrating it really is. Lamar is 21st in attempts. We don't throw the ball nearly enough to be having such an issue with drops.

I’ve been a hardcore critic of Andrews but he has been having a fantastic season besides the first game. Don’t know why you keep mentioning him.