Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Duvernay at Running Back

Well, I figure Watkins may be out a while if history is any indication, so Bateman will fill in there and not take touches from DD nor Proche. But it would be nice to see more of the Jet Sweeps, screens, and other plays that get DD in space, cuz he is darn good when there is room. As to RB? Maybe try it next year. But if he can't run it up the gut, teams will know all they gotta do is protect the edge, and it will fail. I'd like to see Roman do something to make teams pay for blitzing.

Re: Duvernay at Running Back

Quote Originally Posted by phkiernan View Post
    Well, I figure Watkins may be out a while if history is any indication, so Bateman will fill in there and not take touches from DD nor Proche. But it would be nice to see more of the Jet Sweeps, screens, and other plays that get DD in space, cuz he is darn good when there is room. As to RB? Maybe try it next year. But if he can't run it up the gut, teams will know all they gotta do is protect the edge, and it will fail. I'd like to see Roman do something to make teams pay for blitzing.
    Yeah, with Watkins out I wouldn't expect anything to change but I would like for some new wrinkles in the run game to be installed over the bye week, whether they involve DD or not.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I don’t think he’s a running back but I have always liked the idea of using receivers in the backfield, especially out of a spread offense. Great way to get them matched up on a linebacker or out in space for screens. The Chiefs use Hill that way with good results as he’s averaged over 6 yards/carry for his career. Plenty of other examples around the league

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I don’t think he’s a running back but I have always liked the idea of using receivers in the backfield, especially out of a spread offense. Great way to get them matched up on a linebacker or out in space for screens. The Chiefs use Hill that way with good results as he’s averaged over 6 yards/carry for his career. Plenty of other examples around the league
    Along those lines, he did have 4 receptions (on 4 targets) for 45 yards vs. the Colts.
    This may be a stretch, but he reminds me of Eric Metcalf (Browns) some years ago.
    At any rate, I'd like to get the football into his hands more often... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I know that. I played both positions. You don't know until you try. He has the build to absorb contact and break tackles.

Look at what Patterson is doing in ATL.

You find ways to get the ball into the hands of your playmakers.

Patterson is also - 6'2" 227lbs

Duvernay is - 5'11" 200lbs

So its not like he is small but patterson is much bigger/thicker

Quote Originally Posted by redlobster View Post

This

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redlobster View Post

Duvernay is thicker. Please read his draft profile from the scouting combine.

Runs like he hates humanity as he blasts through tacklers.

Plays like a running back who happens to have great hands

He’s a physical bully with the ball in his hands, like Samuel, but Samuel was known for being a powerful receiver and an excellent route runner in college.
    At 5’10 / 200 lbs, Duvernay is built more like a running back than a receiver. He’s extremely dangerous after the catch, but I’m afraid his size could limit his opportunities in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    This

Wrong again.

Wrong again.

You just want people to go with what you say if people disagree with you they must be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    You just want people to go with what you say if people disagree with you they must be wrong

Dude, you just chime in with bs like "this" or "facts" to try to dispute everything I say, despite actual evidence I provide backing it up. Occasionally you post an incoherent argument that usually has nothing to do with what I said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Along those lines, he did have 4 receptions (on 4 targets) for 45 yards vs. the Colts.
    This may be a stretch, but he reminds me of Eric Metcalf (Browns) some years ago.
    At any rate, I'd like to get the football into his hands more often... Bc
    yes this is how I see his touches going and he's right for that role. As far as making teams pay for blitzing - screens and delayed draws. They have ran a few screens recently. Joey Bosa vs AV is not going to be pretty

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Dude, you just chime in with bs like "this" or "facts" to try to dispute everything I say, despite actual evidence I provide backing it up. Occasionally you post an incoherent argument that usually has nothing to do with what I said.

I've already spoke up as to why I said what I said. When adding the this and facts just more proved my point based on what other people have also said but instead of going after what they said you only come back at me for agree with them so go one with that