Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Re: Duvernay at Running Back

In the old days we would call it, flanker.

In training camp they were giving Justice Hill a lot of reps in this role, and I recall being really intrigued by the possibilities. Of course, that was before the backfield was nuked, and before I could convince the 'what have you done for me lately' crowd that there was merit.
    "That's what."
    — She

Ravens need to go all out and get this game

I’m expecting Devon to get major Carries and also hope that we see Williams at some point but I’m not holding my breath on the latter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    13m
    Asked about potentially using Devin Duvernay more in backfield, Greg Roman said, “We have ton of stuff sitting in the vault. It’s a long season. I like to space things out.”

Guess the OP was on to something. Maybe it's time to get Duvernay more involved in the run game without moving him to RB. Think they need to get him the ball more somehow. Need to add a few wrinkles and get rid of any tendencies the ravens might be showing.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

no one ever said anything about moving him to RB

Lol is Roman going to say yea I haven’t really thought of it bc I have no clue what I’m doing

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    13m
    Asked about potentially using Devin Duvernay more in backfield, Greg Roman said, “We have ton of stuff sitting in the vault. It’s a long season. I like to space things out.”
    This seems to be working for Deebo Samuel and Cordelle Patterson. Every body knows this is part of their running game and nobody can stop it. Roman use that well I know they think I’m going to use that. It’s paralysis by analysis

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    13m
    I totally believe him. Just like the NFL "dusted off" the commissioner's exempt list AFTER the RR debacle.

Either it was a light bulb moment for Roman or he's hidden it under cobwebs a foot deep and maybe he'll try it once and then it goes back to accumulating cobwebs (especially if it works well, wouldn't want to over use it...)

Seriously, if I believed they would save an entire game plan to use against the Patriots in the AFCCG, one where they hadn't seen anything in the plan, I would be totally cool with it. Especially since the Patriots struggles occurr when Bill is completely unprepared for what the other team uses. Remember the wildcat? You know why it was so good for a while? Because the Dolphins rolled it out unexpectedly on the Patriots and rolled them so badly it was embarrassing, the Patriots couldn't do anything to stop it that day. After that it was solved, but the surprise that day was amazing. It Roman really was planning that, cool. But he's not, so whatever...

Blog Entries

If a reporter asks a coach a leading question Roman will happily abide with empty clever rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    This seems to be working for Deebo Samuel and Cordelle Patterson. Every body knows this is part of their running game and nobody can stop it. Roman use that well I know they think I’m going to use that. It’s paralysis by analysis
    This is exactly why I started this thread. Teams that don't have viable RB solutions have been getting creative with how they get their play makers the ball.

People can argue semantics all day long, but getting +/- 5 touches out of the backfield every game gives us another dimension on offense.

I'd certainly rather see Duvernay get those carries than our current stable of backs.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Get creative. Try something new because what they are doing clearly is not working.

People keep saying the O Line is better than its been discussed on here, but the Ravens are giving up the 2nd most sacks per game. The only other team worse is Chicago.

For Roman to say he likes to space things out? Well, its been 11 games, there is not much of a season left so pull your head out of your ass and give it a shot with Duvernay becauase Murray and Freeman are not getting it done.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!