Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Duvernay at Running Back

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Which is why, for the 11th time now, I never advocated for him to be a full time running back. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that but you seem to want to change my argument to fit what you believe.

He returns kicks and punts and gets slammed into by grown men running full speed for 40 yds. I'm pretty sure he can take 3-5 hits a game out of the backfield.

If you want to make an actual argument like Rygar about MCrary and the Oline sucking and it not being worth it that's one thing. Its a valid argument. I think its still worth it but I see his point. You are just throwing shit out there to disagree that has no basis in fact.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    It doesn't matter whether it's full time or part time he just doesn't habe that skill set and that's ok if you wanna develop that you do it in training campe and preseason not 5 weeks in

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Which is why, for the 11th time now, I never advocated for him to be a full time running back. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that but you seem to want to change my argument to fit what you believe.

He returns kicks and punts and gets slammed into by grown men running full speed for 40 yds. I'm pretty sure he can take 3-5 hits a game out of the backfield.

If you want to make an actual argument like Rygar about MCrary and the Oline sucking and it not being worth it that's one thing. Its a valid argument. I think its still worth it but I see his point. You are just throwing shit out there to disagree that has no basis in fact.

Negative I have literally said the same thing he said nit in so many words or agreed with others that have said the same thing

I wanted to see Duv get a few plays as a back last season and he would have been an interesting wrinkle being deployed out of the backfield but now the run-game is way more vanilla, less deception and LBs are going to be coming in quicker and surer. I think maybe he gets blasted taking carries in this years current and depleted offense.

Id like to see DD get a carry or two too if its to set up him running routes out of the backfield which is what would be so killer. Give Duv carries to set that up and he could break oe here nad there but I dont think hes even a 10 rushes a game player he would get dinged up fast taking a portion of the actual run game.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It doesn't matter whether it's full time or part time he just doesn't habe that skill set and that's ok if you wanna develop that you do it in training campe and preseason not 5 weeks in

You are telling me that a world class athlete that returns punts with grown ass men flying at him can't take a direct snap and run through the B gap? I don't believe that for one second

I just thought it was an interesting idea because he is dynamic and runs like a running back with the ball in his hands. His scouting reports say the same thing.

I have played rb, receiver, and returned punts. A lot of players in skill positions have played both. Inserting a play or two during the bye week is something they could easily do. They probably won't, but a lot of ideas are tossed around on here that are never implemented in real life. Its a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    I wanted to see Duv get a few plays as a back last season and he would have been an interesting wrinkle being deployed out of the backfield but now the run-game is way more vanilla, less deception and LBs are going to be coming in quicker and surer. I think maybe he gets blasted taking carries in this years current and depleted offense.

Id like to see DD get a carry or two too if its to set up him running routes out of the backfield which is what would be so killer. Give Duv carries to set that up and he could break oe here nad there but I dont think hes even a 10 rushes a game player he would get dinged up fast taking a portion of the actual run game.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about.

You are telling me that a world class athlete that returns punts with grown ass men flying at him can't take a direct snap and run through the B gap? I don't believe that for one second

I just thought it was an interesting idea because he is dynamic and runs like a running back with the ball in his hands. His scouting reports say the same thing.

I have played rb, receiver, and returned punts. A lot of players in skill positions have played both. Inserting a play or two during the bye week is something they could easily do. They probably won't, but a lot of ideas are tossed around on here that are never implemented in real life. Its a message board.

Its great you played those positions but it's different in the NFL whether you choose to agree. The coaching staff see him everyday and have scouted him so I think they got a better handle on it than you do

7. Re: Duvernay at Running Back

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Jet sweeps are technically passes. But I hear ya
    it depends. if could be a handoff or a very short pitch or toss, and that's the difference between run or pass.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I want to see LeVeon get a couple of plays too. Bell and DD on the same side of the field gives alot of options as they both can run/block/catch

Also want to take some wear off of Lamar.

Hear me out. When Batemen comes back there will be another mouth to feed and he will probably take snaps away from DD. Duvernay has always gotten positive yardage on the jet sweeps and end arounds he's run.

I'm not saying he becomes the primary back, but why not sprinkle in a few traditional running plays with Duvernay out of the backfield? He's built like a RB and "runs like he hates humanity." We have the 3 yard and a cloud of dust backs in spades.

Giving DD snaps at RB would be a way to get the ball in his hands once Bateman comes back and give us another dimension out of RB position that teams would need to prepare for. Why not give it a shot?

Now I do believe if they started your idea in training camp it would be better to give him time to adjust better Now of you gave him an off-season it could be deadly or even if they did it to maybe take Hills place. Then I could see it

11. Re: Duvernay at Running Back

I like the idea of Duvernay as running back.

However, I like the idea of Duvernay as one of a number of running backs in the backfield.

The old days, T Formation, there was QB, Left Halfback, Right Halfback, Fullback. 4 guys who could and did carry the ball.

I like the idea of Lamar + Ricard + one or 2 other WR/RBs who are either in the backfield or split out.

Whether he's a "running back" or not, Duvernay has had some good outside runs, jet sweeps or whatever, and I think there should be more of them. I'd like to see Ricard run more too. More run options at one time and there are a number of different ways to accomplish that, and Duvernay should be in the mix. Him running outside seems to work.

Part of the reason Duvernay fits in a backfield role is because he isn’t going to be a complete receiver, he’s someone who is more scheme dependent IMO. His three main assets are his hands YAC and speed. From what I have seen he has tight hips, only a handful of routes, and lacks the feel for winning the ball in the air. Also not a very big catch radius. I think he will be a guy who gets X number of snaps a game and not fill a traditional receiver role. Brown Proche Bateman Wallace are going to be your X, flanker, slot guys