Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Duvernay at Running Back

Hear me out. When Batemen comes back there will be another mouth to feed and he will probably take snaps away from DD. Duvernay has always gotten positive yardage on the jet sweeps and end arounds he's run.

I'm not saying he becomes the primary back, but why not sprinkle in a few traditional running plays with Duvernay out of the backfield? He's built like a RB and "runs like he hates humanity." We have the 3 yard and a cloud of dust backs in spades.

Giving DD snaps at RB would be a way to get the ball in his hands once Bateman comes back and give us another dimension out of RB position that teams would need to prepare for. Why not give it a shot?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Re: Duvernay at Running Back

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Hear me out. When Batemen comes back there will be another mouth to feed and he will probably take snaps away from DD. Duvernay has always gotten positive yardage on the jet sweeps and end arounds he's run.

I'm not saying he becomes the primary back, but why not sprinkle in a few traditional running plays with Duvernay out of the backfield? He's built like a RB and "runs like he hates humanity." We have the 3 yard and a cloud of dust backs in spades.

Giving DD snaps at RB would be a way to get the ball in his hands once Bateman comes back and give us another dimension out of RB position that teams would need to prepare for. Why not give it a shot?

Running jet sweeps is not the same as playing Running back takes a different kind of vision. He would also have to run tackle to tackle in this offense and he doesn't necessarily have that skillset even on a limited snap count

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Running jet sweeps is not the same as playing Running back takes a different kind of vision. He would also have to run tackle to tackle in this offense and he doesn't necessarily have that skillset even on a limited snap count

I know that. I played both positions. You don't know until you try. He has the build to absorb contact and break tackles.

Look at what Patterson is doing in ATL.

You find ways to get the ball into the hands of your playmakers.

Cool. Whatever moves the ball and keeps the opposing defense honest.

I know that. I played both positions. You don't know until you try. He has the build to absorb contact and break tackles.

It took Patterson a while to do well at RB he wasn't stuck there without training camp at it either

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It took Patterson a while to do well at RB he wasn't stuck there without training camp at it either

We have shit at RB and our WR room is crowded with talent. Good teams find ways to get the ball in playmakers hands. I'm talking a few carries a game. I don't see the downside.

We have shit at RB and our WR room is crowded with talent. Good teams find ways to get the ball in playmakers hands. I'm talking a few carries a game. I don't see the downside.

I get you. I just don't agree

Blog Entries

It’s the Oline

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If anything I would say you make the transition next yr and use him as Hill's replacement

Blog Entries

Patterson has been playing both WR and RB since college. It's not like it's new. You don't just change someone's position mid-season. That's one of those ideas they need to try in camp first. I can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Patterson has been playing both WR and RB since college. It's not like it's new. You don't just change someone's position mid-season. That's one of those ideas they need to try in camp first. I can't see it happening.
    Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It’s the Oline
    I agree thats a big problem, but it doesn't solve the issue of finding ways to use all your playmakers.