Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: The OFFICIAL Chargers @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They activated Bell and Smith again. That’s the last time they’re eligible. Have to move them on the 53 or out, unless I am reading the rules wrong
    Jeff Zrebiec said this is the last free callup, they revert to the PS this time. Next time they either have to be signed to the 53 or exposed to waivers. Then vested vets can choose where they go and less than 4 year vets go to waivers. But if after the trade deadline then everyone goes through waivers. We're two weeks from the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Thank goodness Tyre is up. Now we have a 7 man line again with Cleveland taking his turn on the serious injury roulette.

But the most interesting stat to me in that 538 write-up is this:

"On the Raven’s side of the ball, the defense has been fairly stingy over the middle from 10 to 20 yards deep, ranking ninth in the NFL in EPA per play allowed."

Now this is not a defense of Queen or Harrison because they have been god awful in pass coverage, but I think this speaks to how well our safeties have played as well as the fact that it's pretty damn impossible to play effective pass defense as an MLB anymore. Heck, we saw the Jackson attacking Leonard, and killing him, all Monday night. Won the game against him in fact.

As bad as our defense has been, I think inconsistent might be the best word to describe it right now. Let's also not lose sight of the fact that Cleveland got straight up rotisserie'd last Sunday, giving up 7 td's to LAC with nary a speed bump.

I guess tomorrow's gonna be the next litmus test for this D going forward for real.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    It's a small sample of five games, as the article says, but this agrees with the impression I get. The Ravens are not a good third-down team. It seems that LJ is more relaxed in early downs.
    A lot of this, IMO, is due to the terrible play calls on 3rd down so far. Hopefully that changes now that basically all our receivers are balling out.

Let me also add that for some reason we don't audible out of bad calls. We run right into 9 man fronts or don't have hot reads on obvious blitz situations.

Is that on Lamar, or are they not letting him?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    A lot of this, IMO, is due to the terrible play calls on 3rd down so far. Hopefully that changes now that basically all our receivers are balling out.

Let me also add that for some reason we don't audible out of bad calls. We run right into 9 man fronts or don't have hot reads on obvious blitz situations.

Is that on Lamar, or are they not letting him?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was at the Colts game and I swore I saw Lamar changing the play at the line at least twice. Something new?

Blog Entries

If he's (hopefully a lot) less than 100%, then OK... Bc

28-24 good guys

For the Ravens, the difference between a 4-1 vs 1-4 record is 3 lucky plays. The lucky streak runs out this week, and our leaky defense gets further exposed.

Chargers 41 - 27

Of course but just look at our tackles. If u let defenses pin back their ears on 3rd down that's not a recipe for success against Villanueva & Mekari. Herbert isn't relaxed on 3rd downs either & no qb really is.

Less to do with Lamar's ability, moreso the pathetic shape of our now 6 man line and the general disadvantage qbs face on 3rd & long.

Amazing start for both qbs tho without qualification
    I agree. You get behind down and distance with this O- line, it’s a major issue.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing some designed roll outs, etc for Lamar in those situations. Especially now that we have much more competent receivers…

10. Re: The OFFICIAL Chargers @ Ravens Prediction Thread

It was a WHOLE lot of non-believers in this thread. About 80% of y'all seemed to think we would lose. Gotta have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Renegade View Post
    It was a WHOLE lot of non-believers in this thread. About 80% of y'all seemed to think we would lose. Gotta have faith.
    I’ll pick them to lose next week too.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield207 View Post
    For the Ravens, the difference between a 4-1 vs 1-4 record is 3 lucky plays. The lucky streak runs out this week, and our leaky defense gets further exposed.

Chargers 41 - 27
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk