Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myles Jack

Blog Entries

Myles Jack

What would you give up for him where the Jags eat some of his salary in the process? He could fix this defense the same way Peters did in 2019. ILB is by far the weakest position on the roster right now, even more so than OT.

Blog Entries

Re: Myles Jack

Why would the Jaguars trade Jack? How could the Ravens afford to pay someone with a base salary of around $10 million a year? We only have about $2 million in cap space

Blog Entries

Hes allowing a 144.8 QB rating when targeted this year... Hes a career 108. He just had a horrible 6 for 6 game against Cincy, who we still face 2x this year.

Queen is 102.3 this season and career 103.9. Call me crazy, but i dont see how thats going to improve them gashing us in the middle. Especially considering he needs to learn the D and play catch up. Hes another LB with longterm injury issues (knee), thats highly paid, and built the exact same way that Queen is as an athletic undersized ILB.

I dont think people are realizing just how tough this position is in the modern NFL to be fast enough to react/recover while trying to cover 6'-6"+ TEs with speed and then also have the size and fortitude to stop 6'+ 230lb+ RBs with power. Those are two different body types to accomplish those feats, imo. All the names thrown around, former all pros even, Jaylon smith, Myles Jack, these guys when you actually look at the numbers are struggling to cover no different. theyre guys struggling to do the same thing were bashing PQ for frankly.

IF we want to talk solely about tackling, im with you, its his biggest issue when comparing him to his peers imo, but unfortunately its a team issue in general from what I can tell. Nobody is wrapping up and using good form. I saw Humphrey (who i think is one of the better ones) scolding him for not wrapping up, and the very next play Humphrey was hugging a players shoulders and being carried. Thats on the coaches to instill in them at this point. Even if we got a solid tackling LB, im not sure how much that really helps overall if the rest of the team are still whiffing.

My hope, more than any one player, is that over the bye week we really focus on getting better in that area. I think that would have more impact than any one player imo.

FTR i differ on Jack more than Jaylon, simply because I dont think hes falling off physically as much. I do think hes a better player today, despite the coverage stats, but I do feel Queen cleans up his tackling and were not talking about these other players.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why would the Jaguars trade Jack? How could the Ravens afford to pay someone with a base salary of around $10 million a year? We only have about $2 million in cap space
    Like I said in the post, a scenario where the Jags would be willing to eat his salary. We have so many draft picks next year and are in a SB window, we need to fix are glaring weakness on the roster. The Jags could be picking #1 again.

In order to convince Jax to eat almost all of that salary, we’d have to offer probably an early day 2 pick which I’m not doing.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I find JAB's assessment convincing. And, we are not the only team short a (really) good LB (or OT). Expect to pay through the nose for a decent player before Nov 2.

The answer by necessity is probably going to be alteration of schemes and emphases, depending on who the opponent is. The common feature being that Queen's snaps keep going down as long as he does not show improvement. For example, more Malik Harrison against heavy running teams, more Chuck Clark or Tyus Bowser in ILB mode for teams gashing us with short passes to quick RBs. (Considering Clark and Elliott, note that Stephens is already getting 100% of snaps at the back end.)

More McPhee, or even Ferguson, at DE might help.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

For added context, its well known hes not playing very well right now, but also... urban meyer.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/...ingly-too-late

The wild card here is Urban Meyer... maybe he decides if Jack cant run his defense or have the smarts to call it, that hes not worth keeping. The flipside of that is if hes not understanding their defense after an entire offseason will he really be able to pickup ours during it?

I do wish there was somebody I could point to that would help, but not at this cost.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I wouldn't doubt that they would trade him but he's their highest paid defensive player and I doubt they want to eat that. Plus I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be.

His cap hit is $13M for the next 3 years and they would take a $16M hit in dead money just to trade him. Sounds like a non-starter

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonv...es-jack-18984/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Just call up Culley and work a deal for Christian Kirksey who is a guy they can actually afford and might be able to acquire, who is also a clear upgrade on what they have. 0 chance on them trading for Jack.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What would you give up for him where the Jags eat some of his salary in the process? He could fix this defense the same way Peters did in 2019. ILB is by far the weakest position on the roster right now, even more so than OT.

I was looking up his stats yesterday. He just got demoted from calling the defensive plays. His play has been very spotty throughout his last two years.

Would he be an upgrade over Queen? Probably but only marginally based on what has been seen lately.

Its possible Wink and this scheme would be a better fit. I mean the Jaguars so far are a dumpster fire so its possible he is just on a bad team I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    For added context, its well known hes not playing very well right now, but also... urban meyer.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/...ingly-too-late

The wild card here is Urban Meyer... maybe he decides if Jack cant run his defense or have the smarts to call it, that hes not worth keeping. The flipside of that is if hes not understanding their defense after an entire offseason will he really be able to pickup ours during it?

I do wish there was somebody I could point to that would help, but not at this cost.
    Good stuff JAB. This and your previous post. It's a slam dunk not to trade for him plus his contract makes a trade impossible.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I was looking up his stats yesterday. He just got demoted from calling the defensive plays. His play has been very spotty throughout his last two years.

Would he be an upgrade over Queen? Probably but only marginally based on what has been seen lately.

Its possible Wink and this scheme would be a better fit. I mean the Jaguars so far are a dumpster fire so its possible he is just on a bad team I suppose
    A bad player on a bad team could still be a bad player on a new team.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer