Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco never had a 400+ yard passing game?

Please don't encourage the FWO

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Harb has always gone to the run whenever they get a decent lead - milking the clock and keeping the opponent's offense on the bench. That's part of it too
    He's also sat Lamar when game's are well in hand. Especially in 2019.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I did not know this until last night. I was actually shocked when they said the last 400+ yard passing game by a Ravens' QB was before the Flacco era.

As big of an arm that Flacco had, its a shame he was never equipped with the weapons to show it off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin and Jacoby Jones is a pretty good set of weapons (Smith and Jones had the speed to get down field). Joe won a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP with them. Not to mention lots of money tied up in Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata and Suggs. Rightfully so. I think they did alright by Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    Rogers and Brees what played a combined 20 years and 2 Super Bowls between them
    More like 40 yrs. Brees himself played 20. Rodgers is on 17 this season, and will probly play some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    On the other hand, LJ might not have been possible in that era. It was a more violent game.
    Randall Cunningham made it through the 80s, 90s, and the early part of the 2000s just fine. Violence isn't as much of a factor if you hardly ever got a straight hit on Lamar. He's got a Barry Sanders-like ability to avoid contact.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Vick played during this time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Yup...and the Ravens broke his leg in a preseason game. Lamar is a bigger dude though.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Randall Cunningham made it through the 80s, 90s, and the early part of the 2000s just fine. Violence isn't as much of a factor if you hardly ever got a straight hit on Lamar. He's got a Barry Sanders-like ability to avoid contact.
    I'm never really worried about what's in front of him. My biggest fear is the Ngata on RG3 hit. Where LJ is scrambling or running and some freak of a DT(Aaron Donald) catches up to make the tackle and the sheer force of angles and bodies causes a freak injury.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Please don't encourage the FWO
    FWO

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I don’t know why folks feel the need to denigrate Joe Flacco. The guy won a Super Bowl.

Lamar is clearly a better player and at only 24, he could legitimately be a HOF caliber player. He’s way more exciting to watch than Flacco.

But a Super Bowl is a Super Bowl. There have been a lot of great players in the league that have never won it all and even more that have never even gotten close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don’t know why folks feel the need to denigrate Joe Flacco. The guy won a Super Bowl.

Lamar is clearly a better player and at only 24, he could legitimately be a HOF caliber player. He’s way more exciting to watch than Flacco.

But a Super Bowl is a Super Bowl. There have been a lot of great players in the league that have never won it all and even more that have never even gotten close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never got how in this board if you said good things about Joe it was assumed you must be AGAINST Lamar. I was for them both. Kinda saw how the Ravens had to move on from Joe and go in a new direction. Joe should never be disparaged by Ravens fans. He had some great qualities, albeit extremely different than Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    I never got how in this board if you said good things about Joe it was assumed you must be AGAINST Lamar. I was for them both. Kinda saw how the Ravens had to move on from Joe and go in a new direction. Joe should never be disparaged by Ravens fans. He had some great qualities, albeit extremely different than Lamar.
    Flacco was built for the era he played in. You didn’t have to score 30 points to win games 10-15 years ago. The game changed and he is not the type of QB most teams want as a starter the past few years or so. Stats wise a quarterback is getting benched now if he puts up the kind of production and efficiency Flacco had for most of his career. You may as well compare Lamar to Terry Bradshaw.
    Last edited by New !; 10-16-2021 at 02:04 AM.