Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Flacco never had a 400+ yard passing game?

I did not know this until last night. I was actually shocked when they said the last 400+ yard passing game by a Ravens' QB was before the Flacco era.

As big of an arm that Flacco had, its a shame he was never equipped with the weapons to show it off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Re: Flacco never had a 400+ yard passing game?

they were content to run and play D
    I think he could air it out when needed.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

We never were so one dimensional like last night. Plus Joe never needed to throw so much because his defense was this weak.

Blog Entries

I think it's mostly a product of how the team was built and how they played. They had a great defense and running game and that's not conducive to 400 yard passing games. We have a shit defense now along with a top 3 QB so it's definitely going to be more common moving forward.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Here's Flacco's 300 yard passing games as a Raven.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/j...-passing-games

From 2008 to 2013, the Ravens were 13 - 2 when Flacco had over 300 yards. His YPA was pretty good in those games, and only had 50 attempts twice. 300 yards in that time period meant Flacco was having a great day, and the team was winning.

From 2013 to 2018, the Ravens went 7 - 12 when Flacco threw for 300 yards. His YPA was lower, and he attempted 50 passes 6 times. 300 yards in that time period meant that usually the Ravens were playing from behind, and were more likely to lose.

The difference between Lamar last night and Flacco's many 40+ attempt games is that Lamar connected on 85% of his passes, and had a YPA of over 10. Joe never approached those numbers in any high volume passing game.

I thought he did against the Dolphins a few years back in one of those blowouts but apparently he “only” put up 381. I’d guess that was his career high.

Blog Entries

He never had a legit receiving squad.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    He never had a legit receiving squad.
    Boldin, Torrey, Pitta, and Jones wasn’t as dynamic as this group but was absolutely “legit”

Blog Entries

Just a different approach - run the ball and play defense (which they had at the time). Now almost no one can play defense or tackle

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Flacco is a SB Champion and MVP. LJ can only dream of that right now. But he has a lot of time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Here's Flacco's 300 yard passing games as a Raven.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/j...-passing-games

From 2008 to 2013, the Ravens were 13 - 2 when Flacco had over 300 yards. His YPA was pretty good in those games, and only had 50 attempts twice. 300 yards in that time period meant Flacco was having a great day, and the team was winning.

From 2013 to 2018, the Ravens went 7 - 12 when Flacco threw for 300 yards. His YPA was lower, and he attempted 50 passes 6 times. 300 yards in that time period meant that usually the Ravens were playing from behind, and were more likely to lose.

The difference between Lamar last night and Flacco's many 40+ attempt games is that Lamar connected on 85% of his passes, and had a YPA of over 10. Joe never approached those numbers in any high volume passing game.
    I think the difference is that from 2008-2013 the Ravens were a winning team. From 2013-2018 they stunk (with a brief reprieve in 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I think the difference is that from 2008-2013 the Ravens were a winning team. From 2013-2018 they stunk (with a brief reprieve in 2014).
    We're saying the same thing. Just using different words.