Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

Blog Entries

Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    A. You don't care about football but you suddenly like Gruden because you found out he's a racist?

B. If you don't care about football or the Ravens why are you posting here on a Ravens football forum? You seem to only pop up to post on Covid or political topics anyway, which gets threads dragged down to the politics dungeon and makes it impossible for us Ravens fans to discuss certain topics.

C. Seems like you're using "criminals" as a synonym for black people here. Ouch. That's not doing Gruden any favors.
    Post of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    You know I don't really like Gruden either in football or politics, but I really think that spouting off crap like this in an email is meaningless.... An email is not a public comment It's sharing thoughts with someone privately.... It's not like he posted it on Facebook.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    But how can he lead a team now that it has come out?

Especially as one of his players is gay. How would you feel if your boss hated you over something you can’t control?

Blog Entries

Exactly. Maybe if he were a WalMart employee, he could go back. But there's no way he can go back as an NFL coach. He'd have zero credibility in that locker room.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I have a friend who is as well and it was her childhood team. That certainly plays a role in it. With some women, it's also the realization that Washington is likely far from alone in this. They're just the ones stupid enough (Not to say it is right. It is horribly wrong) to bring too much attention to themselves with it.
    My upstairs neighbor who moved in a few months ago is a WFT fan. Made the mistake of going over there for a game earlier this year and had to leave before the end of the first half. I have rarely heard the hard R being thrown around like that, literally every time Lamar scrambled, I’m no snowflake but it just kind of ruined the game. Seems to be a common theme among fans of that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Absolutely, 100% False. In fact, the arrest rate for NFL players is actually LOWER than for the general population:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ar...g-for-the-nfl/
    You don't understand. This is the RSR Forum. People can make up whatever shit they want, and half the board will agree with them.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I'm glad we're not tolerating racist, sexist and homophobic "mean words" any longer. Gruden was employed to be the leader and face of a multibillion dollar organisation which depends on black players and at least one gay player, all of whom have female relatives. He's the face and voice of 1/32nd of the NFL. That role requires a different standard of behavior than would be tolerated from players. It's only a double standard if another Head Coach had got away with it.
    This.

While NCRaven’s point about the numerous “bad eggs” in the league has some merit, albeit with skewed numbers, the HC is, and should be, held to a higher standard than the players.
    Ownership and Upper Management should be held to an even higher one.

But…..I fear we will see the “Golden Rule” employed by the NFL re: DannyBoy or any other owners exhibiting improper behavior. (See Kraft, Robert); i.e., “He who has the gold makes the rules”.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

You said the key phrase: "Pattern over years"

This was not a college kid making insensitive jokes that his group of friends may find funny, but isn't really a bigoted guy, just an immature guy who needs to learn and grow. EVERY LAST ONE OF US, has been there. Race, sex, sexuality, nationality. In some form or fashion, we've all done that. And it wasn't a, "We don't think this person should have equal rights" thing. It was a, "I haven't learned that certain jokes are in bad taste" thing.
    You just described what Pat Ricard did at age 16, and was able to move on from, vs. what Gruden did as an adult with a completely different set of expectations and responsibilities.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I nowhere mentioned Fox News. The fact is that the MSM has an agenda and so does social media. Gruden is small potatoes but that he was outed fits right in with their agenda. Funny how they are keen on calling everybody they disagree with a racist or homophobe (now concerned parents are "terrorists") but openly protect Marxists and liars of all sorts by ignoring their misdeeds because they agree with them. The hallmark of journalism 101 was always objectivity. That's dead and buried.
    Funny how this is suddenly all about the media "calling him a racist/homophobe", and not about, you know, WHAT HE HIMSELF actually wrote

Funny how Gruden is now suddenly being portrayed as a "victim" by the same people who claim to ABHOR "victim culture"

Funny how some people find it impossible to ever discuss ANY issue without spouting off nonsensical political ideology.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

The NFL is putting Gruden out there to bide them time to figure out how to deal with the rest of the mess they uncovered. And Gruden gave them all the ammunition they need.
    That is a good take. I bet Dan Snyder is shaking over this. There is a lot of stuff that's going to come out of these 650,000 emails. The NBA had no problem kicking an owner out of their club. The NFL could do the same thing

Gruden is just the low hanging fruit. He handed this to them. They'll be digging deeper for Snyder

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's responding the same to every reporter that reaches out. " I never meant to hurt anybody"
    To which I would respond with total disbelief. You say what you say, if you don't mean it, don't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Funny how this is suddenly all about the media "calling him a racist/homophobe", and not about, you know, WHAT HE HIMSELF actually wrote

Funny how Gruden is now suddenly being portrayed as a "victim" by the same people who claim to ABHOR "victim culture"

Funny how some people find it impossible to ever discuss ANY issue without spouting off nonsensical political ideology.
    When you trip over the mines in the mine field you built - you are not a victim.