Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Recently? Or 10 years ago? I'm totally out of the loop on this one.
    From what I read and heard.

A trainer who is employed from the Redskins was arrested by the DEA for selling pills. They raided the Redskins offices and I think a former colleague of grudens computer was taken. Somehow someone went through 10 year old emails and found the stuff.

None of Grudens problems have anything to do with the criminal investigation. Gruden should hire a lawyer and sue the Raiders, the redskins, the DEA and who ever leaked the information because the guys life is pretty much ruined by his own actions yes, but what he said was private between him and a friend or co worker. He should have a right to privacy here because he technically did not commit any crimes.

I personally think some of the stuff he said is wrong and he should have been smart enough to never have said it but its not right how it was leaked.
    Somewhere some law enforcement official probably took money from some news outlet to leak it and that is wrong.

Just confirms how stupid he is. It's one thing to joke around, it's another thing to have racists/sexist/homophobic opinions, but it TOTALLY ANOTHER THING to put all that stuff into emails where it can come back to bite you. What a fool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Just confirms how stupid he is. It's one thing to joke around, it's another thing to have racists/sexist/homophobic opinions, but it TOTALLY ANOTHER THING to put all that stuff into emails where it can come back to bite you. What a fool.
    To be fair he put them in print before cancel culture was in full swing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    This is my take as well. I learned years ago never to send an email you wouldn't want to come back to haunt you. And I never had as much to lose as Gruden did.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

I would be one thing if it was a one off, or was in a group chat with friends but these emails go BACK to 2011 and up to 2018. Clearly establishing a history and these are from his professional work email.

I have zero sympathy for anyone who doesnt know whats right and wrong at age 48.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    To be fair he put them in print before cancel culture was in full swing.
    So that makes it ok?

I get the feeling this thread is heading over to the Politics Forum, otherwise known as Grousers Central.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Gruden in this debacle is actually a victim of circumstance.
    Classic. Poor Jonny misogynist bigot.

Remember Nassib beat us by sacking Lamar & forcing the fumble?

Gruden could never face him as a man after all his hateful rhetoric came to light.

What is that saying? Play stupid games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    So that makes it ok?

I get the feeling this thread is heading over to the Politics Forum, otherwise known as Grousers Central.
    Not something he should have been fired/resigned over IMO

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not something he should have been fired/resigned over IMO
    Thats your opinion, clearly Roger Goodell and the raiders disagreed.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Thats your opinion, clearly Roger Goodell and the raiders disagreed.
    Clearly. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    A trainer who is employed from the R*****s was arrested by the DEA for selling pills. They raided the R*****s offices and I think a former colleague of grudens computer was taken. Somehow someone went through 10 year old emails and found the stuff.

None of Grudens problems have anything to do with the criminal investigation. Gruden should hire a lawyer and sue the Raiders, the r*****s, the DEA and who ever leaked the information because the guys life is pretty much ruined by his own actions yes, but what he said was private between him and a friend or co worker. He should have a right to privacy here because he technically did not commit any crimes.
    Yet you still use a racial slur as a team's nickname when it is not. Not acceptable. That's why Gruden was fired. It's no longer acceptable. Deal with it.

These cultural attitudes only reflect the deep rot within our society.
    Last edited by Jam31; 10-12-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Blog Entries

allegedly the league was going to keep releasing the emails until the Raiders fired him. The league didn't want to get into disciple and be sued so they played dirty pool.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/league-...012710523.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!