Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Here's my take on this, the emails were leaked because the Davis family wanted to get out of the contract......

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Just when the team is playing well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't get how his age and being a boomer is somehow a bad thing. I am both and I regularly socialize with dozens of people every month, including a good number on this message board, and these kinds of words just aren't used.

Frankly I was kind of stunned. Of all the mostly white men I regularly hang out with in various settings this kind of thing is just not done. It's a long gone era. Or at least I thought it was.

I am now interested in what the other folks on these emails were writing in their sides of the emails.
    I'm curious about that too. I get the feeling we'll be seeing a lot of redacted emails, however.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    You can’t possibly believe Gruden lost his job over “vulgar language”. He just told the entire world what he thinks of black people and gays which about 90 percent of his team is composed of.
    He did. please show me where, cause I haven't seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    You accidentally did the same thing when you said half the league are “criminals” so I’m not surprised that you think the problem is with what he said, not with what he believes.
    Ha... breaking news here... but criminal is not synonymous with black people. But that you accidentally let us know you think it is, tells us a lot about you.

Blog Entries

Urban Meyer is thanking his lucky stars for Jon Gruden. Meyer is out of the headlines for now.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    No, I'm just applying an appeal to extremes. It's a shitty debate technique, but I'm trying to extrapolate your position to its logical - albeit extreme - end. Cuz, right now, you're effectively arguing that, unless we make ALL the progress, that's it hypocritical to make ANY progress.

It's totally fine to both applaud Gruden's resignation AND want that same principle applied to current players who've been credibly accused of domestic violence, child abuse, and criminal threats. But, again, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of this thread.

See why I hate "whataboutism"?
    No. I'm arguing if you're going to fire one, fire both. If you're not going to fire both, don't fire either.

Anything less is a double standard and leaves you open to (justified) criticism.

6. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No. I'm arguing if you're going to fire one, fire both. If you're not going to fire both, don't fire either.

Anything less is a double standard and leaves you open to (justified) criticism.
    So you literally are stating "Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then"? Shit, I guess I wasn't exaggerating at all.

Blog Entries

So you literally are stating "Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then"? Shit, I guess I wasn't exaggerating at all.
    Nope. They fired one, now be consistent fire the other.

And if they don't, I am justified in criticizing them for being inconsistent.

Nuance isn't your thing, is it?

8. Re: Jon Gruden

Nope. They'd fired one, now be consistent fire the other.

And if they don't, I am justified in criticizing them for being inconsistent.

Nuance isn't your thing, is it?
    Gruden wasn't even fired, Mr. Nuance. LOL

Blog Entries

Gruden wasn't even fired, Mr. Nuance. LOL
    If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. LOL

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    allegedly the league was going to keep releasing the emails until the Raiders fired him. The league didn't want to get into disciple and be sued so they played dirty pool.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/league-...012710523.html
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 10-12-2021 at 03:43 PM.

10. Re: Jon Gruden

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. LOL
    You dragged this down to a semantic level to argue what you think qualifies as nuance. Now semantics are a bastion of my gullibility? Is this how you often "win" debates - by feinting and deflecting to infuriate your opponent?

Blog Entries

You dragged this down to a semantic level to argue what you think qualifies as nuance. Now semantics are a bastion of my gullibility? Is this how you often "win" debates - by feinting and deflecting to infuriate your opponent?
    There isn't a debate here. No one.. that I'm aware of is trying to prove their "side" right or wrong.

As far as I can tell you agree they should fire "pieces of shit", like they did Gruden...

12. Re: Jon Gruden

There isn't a debate here. No one.. that I'm aware of is trying to prove their "side" right or wrong.

As far as I can tell you agree they should fire "pieces of shit", like they did Gruden...
    I do. And apparently you don't, unless they do all of it at the same time.

I'm arguing that being half right is better than being all wrong.