Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
Results 145 to 156 of 312

Thread: Jon Gruden

  1. Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I’m not sure why anyone would be concerned about the “level of outrage” re: Gruden unless they condone the content of those emails. Deflecting to Jemele Hill or Kareem Hunt is ridiculous. Neither of them are or ever were NFL head coaches. If you can’t see the distinction it’s because you don’t want to.
    But what about the intrinsic value of the thought exercise??!?





  2. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    13,785
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I’m not sure why anyone would be concerned about the “level of outrage” re: Gruden unless they condone the content of those emails. Deflecting to Jemele Hill or Kareem Hunt is ridiculous. Neither of them are or ever were NFL head coaches. If you can’t see the distinction it’s because you don’t want to.


    Seems a certain segment of the population cannot grasp the concept that the world is changing. For the better.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh





  3. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I’m not sure why anyone would be concerned about the “level of outrage” re: Gruden unless they condone the content of those emails. Deflecting to Jemele Hill or Kareem Hunt is ridiculous. Neither of them are or ever were NFL head coaches. If you can’t see the distinction it’s because you don’t want to.
    Kahreem Hunt punched and kicked a pregnant woman. Gruden used vulgar language.

    I'm not saying Gurden should still be employed, I'm saying people like Kahreem Hunt and Tyreek Hill should't.

    Clearly you can see that double standard and THAT is what is being pointed out.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





  4. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post


    Seems a certain segment of the population cannot grasp the concept that the world is changing. For the better.
    See above. Would you call that changing for the better?
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





  5. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    13,785
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    See above. Would you call that changing for the better?
    When people are called out for their (negative) actions - yes. That IS change for the better.

    Only to a toxic person is persecution confused with accountability.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh





  6. Re: Jon Gruden

    If it helps any, I would LOVE for human pieces of shit like Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Joe Mixon, and Adrian Peterson not only to lose their jobs in the NFL, but also face criminal/civil liability (and not just the standard "settling out of court" passes they always get).

    Can we go back to the actual topic now?





  7. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    When people are called out for their (negative) actions - yes. That IS change for the better.

    Only to a toxic person is persecution confused with accountability.
    That misses the point. Employing players who's ACTIONS are worse but (basically) firing a guy for what he said, is not change for the better.

    Neither should be employed.

    Also, I'm waiting for the protest to begin for the Superbowl halftime performers since they've all used the same or worse language than Gruden.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





  8. Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That misses the point. Employing players who's ACTIONS are worse but (basically) firing a guy for what he said, is not change for the better.

    Neither should be employed.

    Also, I'm waiting for the protest to begin for the Superbowl halftime performers since they've all used the same or worse language than Gruden.
    Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then. Let's all just give up and accept the status quo (especially if we're socioeconomically in a position to gain from it)!





  9. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    13,785
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That misses the point. Employing players who's ACTIONS are worse but (basically) firing a guy for what he said, is not change for the better.

    Neither should be employed.

    Also, I'm waiting for the protest to begin for the Superbowl halftime performers since they've all used the same or worse language than Gruden.
    History is replete of instances where some people got off for the same crime as others got convicted for. Does that no one is held accountable? You're right - neither should be employed. But one isn't. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't worthy of separation.

    And like someone else stated earlier, don't like it, don't watch.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh





  10. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then. Let's all just give up and accept the status quo (especially if we're socioeconomically in a position to gain from it)!
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





  11. Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Stop owning me, dude. I'm trying to save face over here!





  12. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jon Gruden

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    History is replete of instances where some people got off for the same crime as others got convicted for. Does that no one is held accountable? You're right - neither should be employed. But one isn't. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't worthy of separation.
    Players aren't "getting off" they're getting away with it because people with their talent are rare. Coaches are a dime a dozen.

    This is no different than rich people getting off of charges because they have the means to fight the system.

    That is not change for the better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    And like someone else stated earlier, don't like it, don't watch.
    a) I rarely do, basically just night games when nothing else is going on

    b) Stupid and completely unrelated.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site