Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

Blog Entries

Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Small potatoes, but why do you guys keep misspelling Kareem Hunt?
    It was spelled like it sounds, where's the crime

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Oh, are we using the word "potential" as a substitute for "hypothetical" now?
    Good grief, we're not splitting the atom here.

It's a potential based on the answer... that's why you use "whataboutism" to find out.

You act like a bigot has never been in a position of power over minorities before. The email release just made the quiet part loud.

Also-- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -Maya Angelou

And finally, for the ten thousandth time, an employee has no expectation of privacy communicating to other employees on company time using company media.
    Not every job has an expectation of privacy policy. Not every place operates the same. The conversation was still private and it was not outed through a privacy policy standard. You just want to scream Bigotry or Racism because someone told you so.

Do you believe the standard should be across the board and no double standard?

I seem to Recall ESPN kept jemille HIll for quite some time and she was publicly posting some Racist/ Political stuff all while being employed by ESPN and received no where near the backlash. She openly asked people to boycott the Cowboys because she disagreed with Jerry Jones support of standing for the anthem. Her comments purposely could have harmed the NFL and its brand for her views and beliefs.

4. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Good grief, we're not splitting the atom here.

It's a potential based on the answer... that's why you use "whataboutism" to find out.
    So totally off-topic then? Gotcha.

5. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Not every job has an expectation of privacy policy. Not every place operates the same. The conversation was still private and it was not outed through a privacy policy standard. You just want to scream Bigotry or Racism because someone told you so.

Do you believe the standard should be across the board and no double standard?

I seem to Recall ESPN kept jemille HIll for quite some time and she was publicly posting some Racist/ Political stuff all while being employed by ESPN and received no where near the backlash. She openly asked people to boycott the Cowboys because she disagreed with Jerry Jones support of standing for the anthem. Her comments purposely could have harmed the NFL and its brand for her views and beliefs.
    LOL, I'M "screaming Bigotry or Racism"? Pretty sure Jon Gruden took care of that. It's all there in writing, and the actual subject of this thread. Not your misunderstanding of how expectations of privacy apply to the private sector.

Also, what "Racist stuff" did Jemele Hill post, by the way?

Blog Entries

So totally off-topic then? Gotcha.
    Nope, not at all. But if that's how you need to save face, okay.

7. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Nope, not at all. But if that's how you need to save face, okay.
    Sick burn.

Do me a favor and hold back on the "I know you are but what am I" portion of the debate playbook. I'm ill-equipped to handle it.

Blog Entries

Sick burn.

Do me a favor and hold back on the "I know you are but what am I" portion of the debate playbook. I'm ill-equipped to handle it.
    Clearly.

LOL, I'M "screaming Bigotry or Racism"? Pretty sure Jon Gruden took care of that. It's all there in writing, and the actual subject of this thread. Not your misunderstanding of how expectations of privacy apply to the private sector.

Also, what "Racist stuff" did Jemele Hill post, by the way?
    You seem to think "All people" need to conform to your narrow view of thinking and that clearly is not how society works.

You are "Assuming" they have a privacy policy in place when no one outside of their organization knows if they do or not. When Gruden wrote the emails he was not even an employee of the Raiders. He was a commentator for ESPN.

From your posts you can tell you just see things clearly only one way and cannot admit there is absolutely a double standard not being discussed.

Jemelle hill said all kinds of ignorant shit including calling the ex president of the united states a white supremacist when clearly there was no merit to those claims. She was suspended and ESPN finally after about two years fired her because she would not stop. Now that is one ignorant person who should never have a job in sports commentating again.

10. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You seem to think "All people" need to conform to your narrow view of thinking and that clearly is not how society works.

You are "Assuming" they have a privacy policy in place when no one outside of their organization knows if they do or not. When Gruden wrote the emails he was not even an employee of the Raiders. He was a commentator for ESPN.

From your posts you can tell you just see things clearly only one way and cannot admit there is absolutely a double standard not being discussed.

Jemelle hill said all kinds of ignorant shit including calling the ex president of the united states a white supremacist when clearly there was no merit to those claims. She was suspended and ESPN finally after about two years fired her because she would not stop. Now that is one ignorant person who should never have a job in sports commentating again.
    What? You got all this from my decrying Gruden's obvious bigotry? Sounds like YOU'RE not on the same page with how society works (P.S.: it's evolving, which it sure sounds like you find threatening).

And if you wanted to read nothing but posts that adhere to "YOUR way" of thinking, there's an entire wonderful sub-forum just for you!

11. Re: Jon Gruden

By the way, you're right that I'm assuming that the NFL ascribes to the same employee policies as most corporations. However, you're assuming that they don't, and - moreover - arguing heatedly from that position. I'm sure we'll eventually find out what that policy actually is as this news cycle continues.

I’m not sure why anyone would be concerned about the “level of outrage” re: Gruden unless they condone the content of those emails. Deflecting to Jemele Hill or Kareem Hunt is ridiculous. Neither of them are or ever were NFL head coaches. If you can’t see the distinction it’s because you don’t want to.