Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

Re: Jon Gruden

Small potatoes, but why do you guys keep misspelling Kareem Hunt?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You do realize Gruden was coaching the only openly gay player in the NFL right along with a ton of players with different ethnic backgrounds right?

Again, not defending the guy but you portray Gruden to be this Racist Bigot and was just never caught before last week but if he truly felt that way do you not think he would have found a way to cut Carl Nassib? I think someone, ex player, ex coach someone would have went public with information before last week if he was this bad.

Didnt he also bring in Richie Incognito back when no body would sign the guy?

If Gruden was in fact this horrible racist bigot, why would he sign a guy like Cognito, then a gay guy like Carl Nassib when Incognito supposedly got cut by dolphins for his bullying of a possible gay player??

Ive never been gruden fan as a coach, but I enjoyed him calling games more than the train wreck of screws we normally are stuck with.

You also seem to miss the massive point that in this actual Story Gruden is absolutely a victim of circumstance because his privacy was definitely violated.

All of it is wrong, but there are many other parties involved who seem to be getting a pass including the Redskins, their employees, Bruce Allen, The law enforcement officer who leaked the information etc.....
    How do you think Carl Nassib felt after seeing this story? Do you really think he's going to listen to Gruden after this? The team sure didn't respond against the Bears once Gruden's comments on Smith came out. I don't know how much of that game you saw but the Raiders got demolished. They played like a team going through the motions. This story clearly hurt the team. Once this was out in the open Gruden's ability to coach in a diverse league took a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    You don't understand. This is the RSR Forum. People can make up whatever shit they want, and half the board will agree with them.
    So the board is just a reflection of everyday life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You do realize Gruden was coaching the only openly gay player in the NFL right along with a ton of players with different ethnic backgrounds right?

Again, not defending the guy but you portray Gruden to be this Racist Bigot and was just never caught before last week but if he truly felt that way do you not think he would have found a way to cut Carl Nassib? I think someone, ex player, ex coach someone would have went public with information before last week if he was this bad.

Didnt he also bring in Richie Incognito back when no body would sign the guy?

If Gruden was in fact this horrible racist bigot, why would he sign a guy like Cognito, then a gay guy like Carl Nassib when Incognito supposedly got cut by dolphins for his bullying of a possible gay player??

Ive never been gruden fan as a coach, but I enjoyed him calling games more than the train wreck of screws we normally are stuck with.

You also seem to miss the massive point that in this actual Story Gruden is absolutely a victim of circumstance because his privacy was definitely violated.

All of it is wrong, but there are many other parties involved who seem to be getting a pass including the Redskins, their employees, Bruce Allen, The law enforcement officer who leaked the information etc.....
    You act like a bigot has never been in a position of power over minorities before. The email release just made the quiet part loud.

Also-- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -Maya Angelou

And finally, for the ten thousandth time, an employee has no expectation of privacy communicating to other employees on company time using company media.

5. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I didn't say Gruden was a victim. I didn't say that anywhere. He deserved what he got. What I'm talking about is our culture of selective outrage. As far as the media is concerned, it's perfectly fine to trash some people depending on who they are while even the mildest criticism of others must be met with personal destruction. I wonder how many people in the NFL have plenty of outrageous things to say about people who are NOT black, gay or female. Are we going to root them out, too? This isn't ideology. It's simple observation.
    Ah, so we're at the "whattaboutism" phase of this "debate."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Ah, so we're at the "whattaboutism" phase of this "debate."
    "Whattaboutism" is a lame way to try to shutdown a conversation.

It's a valid way to say, if you're outraged, upset about "X" are you upset about "XX", why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Small potatoes, but why do you guys keep misspelling Kareem Hunt?
    Goodness gracious it was bothering me too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    "Whattaboutism" is a lame way to try to shutdown a conversation.

It's a valid way to say, if you're outraged, upset about "X" are you upset about "XX", why or why not?
    Counterpoint: "whattaboutism" is a fantastic way to take a topic and move the goalposts to shift the focus away from the original subject.

Blog Entries

Parents - use this as a teaching point for your kids. Think about what you post because it is permanent and could haunt you years down the road.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Counterpoint: "whattaboutism" is a fantastic way to take a topic and move the goalposts to shift the focus away from the original subject.
    And/or point out a potential double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Parents - use this as a teaching point for your kids. Think about what you post because it is permanent and could haunt you years down the road.
    Noted!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And/or point out a potential double standard.
    Oh, are we using the word "potential" as a substitute for "hypothetical" now?