Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Not bad for a quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    LJ got a 13 on the Wonderlick I recall. That test is odd and many people with a educational poor, socially economic poor childhood do not do well in it. What dos that mean in English? Gro up poor without lots of cultural expanding opportunities then you will suck at it. I had to take it about ten years ago got a 48. Test Math, vocabulary and reasoning. But be honest here. How many kids growing up in LJs world got a top level education in math or vocabulary? As to reasoning that is very subjective and based on common background. That is a test written for upper middle class kids growing up with lots of educational, cultural and social opportunities.

You ever wonder about the reasoning type questions? If red equal one, blue equals two what color equals three? Correct answer is yellow. Or another question is if your sock drawer contains 25 white socks, 13 with blue stripes and 12 with red stripes and the room is dark how many socks must you pick to ensure one matched pair of socks and how many to ensure a pair of red striped socks. Answer is 3 and 15 because 2 out of 3 must give you a matched pair and you could pick all 13 blue socks before you pick 2 red socks. Or number progressions that are based on numbers being squared, then cubed then being multiples by itself four times. To figure that out you need to be able to figure out cube and square roots in your head. Never saw a cover two blitz hot route question on it. lJ would kill that, I just knew numbers.
    My thoughts exactly. It does nothing to score how a person will see the field and quickly compute best place to run or throw the ball or which way to go once a defender commits one false step. Lamar does that instantly and to an extremely high degree. He can learn and make it instinct, he just did it a lot on the football field. Probably took no reasoning or little in art classes to know yellow equals three in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It does nothing to score how a person will see the field and quickly compute best place to run or throw the ball or which way to go once a defender commits one false step. Lamar does that instantly and to an extremely high degree. He can learn and make it instinct, he just did it a lot on the football field. Probably took no reasoning or little in art classes to know yellow equals three in that scenario.
    I think Akili Smith scored like a 4. Fitzmagic scored very high.

It might be better to devise a video game that would simulate what a QB sees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    LJ got a 13 on the Wonderlick I recall. That test is odd and many people with a educational poor, socially economic poor childhood do not do well in it. What dos that mean in English? Gro up poor without lots of cultural expanding opportunities then you will suck at it. I had to take it about ten years ago got a 48. Test Math, vocabulary and reasoning. But be honest here. How many kids growing up in LJs world got a top level education in math or vocabulary? As to reasoning that is very subjective and based on common background. That is a test written for upper middle class kids growing up with lots of educational, cultural and social opportunities.

You ever wonder about the reasoning type questions? If red equal one, blue equals two what color equals three? Correct answer is yellow. Or another question is if your sock drawer contains 25 white socks, 13 with blue stripes and 12 with red stripes and the room is dark how many socks must you pick to ensure one matched pair of socks and how many to ensure a pair of red striped socks. Answer is 3 and 15 because 2 out of 3 must give you a matched pair and you could pick all 13 blue socks before you pick 2 red socks. Or number progressions that are based on numbers being squared, then cubed then being multiples by itself four times. To figure that out you need to be able to figure out cube and square roots in your head. Never saw a cover two blitz hot route question on it. lJ would kill that, I just knew numbers.
    As someone who has always done well on these sorts of tests (SAT, ACT, GRE), I can confirm that all of them are total BS and wrought with privilege-based biases. I can also confirm that while I may be good at taking these sorts of tests, I would in no way be able to do well in reading coverages and making the proper decisions on a football field (my terrible Madden record helps to confirm that lol). The reality is that this test is a stupid gate-keeping mechanism that shouldn't be considered in the draft process.

Blog Entries

I think Greg pretty much summed it up. Combine how Lamar looks, with the reality that he doesn’t speak the Queen’s English, and you have people thinking he should play WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Pewter View Post
    OMFG
    Y'know, Redman became a serviceable QB for a few seasons with the Falcons. He had a few nice games with the Ravens. (Remember that Monday Nighter here vs the Broncos, who were supposed to win in a rout, and Al Michaels' shocked voice reporting the halftime score as 31-3 Crows?) But he caught some really bad breaks too. The sudden loss of his mentor and main supporter (a guy named Unitas) was one. Back problems were another. The worst - & most bitterly remembered by Ravens fans of the day - was when he injured his shoulder on the first play after replacing a just-injured Kyle Boller. He tried to tough it out but couldn't function, and the abysmal results are burned into fans' memories as the nadir of signal-caller futility.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    The politically correct term is "BC's Sister in law".
    Now that's worthy.

I offer a slightly less obscure version: PSL - Plus-Size Lady.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson would be the Bobby Fischer of pro football except he's waaaay too decent and modest of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Not bad for an all time great. Already.
    It's true though. The number of stat milestones you can post for him where the only other names near him on the list are Brady, Brees, Manning, Unitas, etc. (all hall of famers) is impressive as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

When he is done there will be considerable discussion of whether he or Ray is the best pick ever in Ravens history. And it may not be much of a discussion.
    Ray also got a 13 on the Wonderlic. We all saw how that turned out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Y'know, Redman became a serviceable QB for a few seasons with the Falcons. He had a few nice games with the Ravens. (Remember that Monday Nighter here vs the Broncos, who were supposed to win in a rout, and Al Michaels' shocked voice reporting the halftime score as 31-3 Crows?) But he caught some really bad breaks too. The sudden loss of his mentor and main supporter (a guy named Unitas) was one. Back problems were another. The worst - & most bitterly remembered by Ravens fans of the day - was when he injured his shoulder on the first play after replacing a just-injured Kyle Boller. He tried to tough it out but couldn't function, and the abysmal results are burned into fans' memories as the nadir of signal-caller futility.
    Serviceable... meanwhile hoodie took Brady...

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Ray also got a 13 on the Wonderlic. We all saw how that turned out.
    Dan Marino famously scored a 16 on the Wonderlic.

Jeff George scored a 10.

So yeah, you just don't know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    It's true though. The number of stat milestones you can post for him where the only other names near him on the list are Brady, Brees, Manning, Unitas, etc. (all hall of famers) is impressive as hell.
    And statistically his only peers are Marino & Mahomes. That's it!