Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Pilots and air traffic controllers stage sick out at Southwestern Airlines, many flights cancelled

An article I ran across tonight with some excerpted highlights. I didn't go looking for it, just at a site I look at on occasion.

There is widespread agreement among scientists that COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective at reducing the risk of developing severe COVID symptoms, which can result in hospitalization and death.

Their effectiveness at reducing transmission of the virus, however, remains a subject of debate, particularly since the CDC released findings in June that show vaccinated individuals still contract the virus, transmit it, and carry just as many virus particles in their throat and nasal passages as unvaccinated individuals do when they contract the virus.
    We are confident vaccination against COVID-19 reduces the chances of transmitting the virus,” Johns Hopkins epidemiologists M. Kate Grabowski and Justin Lessler argued in The Daily Beast.

Other scientists are less sure, and a new study suggests their skepticism may be warranted. The study, published last month in the European Journal of Epidemiology, a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal, examined 168 countries and 2,947 counties in the United States and concluded that higher vaccination rates are not associated with fewer COVID cases.

Re: Pilots and air traffic controllers stage sick out at Southwestern Airlines, many flights cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Regardless of the veracity of that statement, CDC scientists claim that the unwashed are 6X as likely to catch Covid 19 as the vaccinated, and 11X more likely to die from it.

With my age and underlying conditions, I don't want to die because of your unvaccinated pilot, or have any young member of my family bringing it home from school to me. Your Government is very weak by not compelling vaccination for anyone venturing into public places. They are still free to practice their so-called religions at their homes, via the 1st Amendment.

While on my rant, I add that Biden should be impeached for the gross negligence of his administration by allowing the mismanagement of the pandemic response by the FDA and CDC. Both agency's top echelons should be eviscerated. FDA bowed down to a foreign power (WHO) by placing huge restrictions on boosters, denying them to vulnerable US taxpayers, thereby enabling dumbass Joe to please his masters by providing 1/2 billion shots to 3rd World countries. Fortunately, many vulnerable Americans worked around the FDA/CDC/Soros cabal by getting boosters anyway.
    You absolutely should take the vaccine provided you haven't been previously infected. I am a reasonably healthy 45 year old who has already had Wuhan flu so I don't need the vaccine. My chances of passing Wuhan on to you are equal to, or perhaps less than, that of someone who has been vaccinated but has not had the virus itself. Look at Israel; they were one of the most vaccinated countries based on percentages in the world, yet Delta ripped through there.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Why should someone "claiming "religious convictions" be allowed to sicken the rest of us? I call "bullshit". If one's religious convictions are so strong as to expsor themselves to death by virus, they should find another job which doesn't involve mingling with others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I dont have a problem with the religious exemption, however i would demand that they apply it to everything. So any med etc tested on cells from fetal tissue would also be a no no. That means tylenol, aspirin, acetaminophen to much used by the public examples
    I just came across this in a tweet. Haven’t researched it fully but a quick search it looks accurate

“Tylenol and aspirin were not developed using aborted fetal cells. That technology did not exist until 1981 for mouse stem cells and 1998 for human fetal stem cells. What these people are saying is pure bullshit. Tylenol was released in 1955 and aspirin 1897.“

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I just came across this in a tweet. Haven’t researched it fully but a quick search it looks accurate

“Tylenol and aspirin were not developed using aborted fetal cells. That technology did not exist until 1981 for mouse stem cells and 1998 for human fetal stem cells. What these people are saying is pure bullshit. Tylenol was released in 1955 and aspirin 1897.“
    Change developed with tested on…

Blog Entries

Change developed with tested on…
    Wouldn't that still be wrong based on when these were made and the "technology" of fetal stem cells being available?

Wouldn't that still be wrong based on when these were made and the "technology" of fetal stem cells being available?
    You know they can do testing on drugs after they come out.

Blog Entries

Sure they CAN, but were they?

Your original quote:

I dont have a problem with the religious exemption, however i would demand that they apply it to everything. So any med etc tested on cells from fetal tissue would also be a no no. That means tylenol, aspirin, acetaminophen to much used by the public examples
    These drugs were developed BEFORE. If they have since been tested on that is immaterial unless that testing caused them to change the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Your original quote:

These drugs were developed BEFORE. If they have since been tested on that is immaterial unless that testing caused them to change the formula.
    My original quote that said tested????
    So, it seems the tested on fetal cells is NOT absolute,

Sure they CAN, but were they?
    Yes

Objectives: We investigated whether therapeutically relevant doses of acetaminophen and ibuprofen affect germ cell (GC) development in human fetal testes/ovaries using in vitro and xenograft approaches.
    Methods: First-trimester human fetal testes/ovaries were cultured and exposed to acetaminophen or ibuprofen (7 d). Second-trimester human fetal testes were xenografted into mice and exposed to acetaminophen (1 or 7 d), or ibuprofen (7 d). To determine mechanism of action, a human GC tumor–derived cell line (NTera2) exhibiting fetal GC characteristics was used in addition to in vitro and in vivo rat models.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6071829/

Also tested on other products, some pretty common.

The majority of requests cited the use of fetal cell lines in the development of vaccines as part of the religious exemption. The practice uses cells grown in labs to test many new vaccines and drugs, including common antacids and cold medications.

“Thus, we provided a religious attestation form for those individuals requesting a religious exemption,” Troup said.

The hospital’s form includes a list of 30 common medications that used fetal cell lines during research and development. The list includes acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...cine-exemption

My original quote that said tested????
    So, it seems the tested on fetal cells is NOT absolute,
    If the tests resulted in no change then the drug as developed outside those tests is what I would be taking.