Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saquon Barkley

Blog Entries

Re: Saquon Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Dude led the league in all purpose yards as a rookie. Gettleman is a clown but when Saquon is healthy he’s the least of their problems.
    what good did it do them when he lead the league? They finished dead last in the division with 5 wins. Idiotic movie to use a pick that high on a RB, I don't care if it's King Henry

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We had one and traded him :shrug:
    LOL...Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    what good did it do them when he lead the league? They finished dead last in the division with 5 wins. Idiotic movie to use a pick that high on a RB, I don't care if it's King Henry
    And Darnold would have led them to more than 5 wins? Last I checked there are 53 dudes on a football team. If you’re relying on a rookie to turn your team around singlehandedly that’s probably not gonna go well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    LOL...Wut?
    The other we let hit free agency. Hes in Tampa right now winning titles

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don’t know this logic seems flawed. By that logic any player taken in the top 10 that doesn’t immediately turn around their team as a rookie would be an idiotic move.

By definition getting the #2 pick means the team is trash.

What position could they have drafted that year that would have produced more wins and had more of an impact?

Barkley is a good piece, but you still need a good team and a coach.

Look at the jags this year. They drafted Trevor Lawrence and they might not get 5 wins this year.

I think Barkley was a good pick for jersey and ticket sales. Realistically some moves are about driving revenue than immediate winning.

Dude led the league in all purpose yards as a rookie. Gettleman is a clown but when Saquon is healthy he’s the least of their problems.
    Barkley hasn't been a problem, he's definitely a good running back but, aside from his speed on some of those long runs down the sidelines, he hasn't looked as special as he was expected to either. He's never been much better than average between the tackles and, while he has decent hands and had a lot of receptions, he hasn't been a McCaffrey/Kamara type of force as a receiver either.

His all purpose yardage total was mostly a result of the Giants spamming him to justify the pick. Even taking out positional value, I think he was still over drafted at 2.

I wouldn't want to trade for an injury prone and expensive back ($10 M cap hit this season).

7. Re: Saquon Barkley

Bradley Bozeman is playing better than Ryan Jensen.

Sadly, we'll likely lose Boze as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I don’t know this logic seems flawed. By that logic any player taken in the top 10 that doesn’t immediately turn around their team as a rookie would be an idiotic move.

By definition getting the #2 pick means the team is trash.

What position could they have drafted that year that would have produced more wins and had more of an impact?
    2018 was a good QB draft. Even if they didn't want Lamar or Josh Allen, teams offered to trade up with the Giants but they refused all offers because they were so set on taking a RB. Either of those options would have been much more impactful.

If you’re relying on a rookie to turn your team around singlehandedly that’s probably not gonna go well for you.
    It worked out OK with Lamar in 2018.

So what combination of Gus, Marlon, Clark, Andrews or Oweh are you giving up to keep Jensen at what Tampa paid and Zeus Jr? Because you don't just get to keep those guys and everything else too.

They were hoping that fixing the running game would propell them back to the playoffs. But Eli was done, their line was so-so at best, their defense was below average. What they should have done was trade back and start filling the holes with younger, better talent. But they did the quick fix instead of doing the long term fix and they are a 6-11 team because of it.

Blog Entries

Eli was about to retire - maybe they could've gone with a QB? A little more important than a RB... and that's why they've lost more games than any other team in the league since then

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!