Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

2022 NFL Free Agent Wish List

Who would you prioritize (realistically)?

Full disclosure - totally unsure what our cap situation will look like once we re-sign our own guys.

1) Akiem Hicks. I feel like this is a typical Ravens "right player/right price" veteran acquisition. Hicks isn't a pass-rusher, but he's really good against the run.

2) Steven Nelson/Bryce Callahan. I think the Ravens need depth help at corner. Tavon Young has up's and down's, but it would be nice to have multiple guys that can line up in sub-sets as nickel and dime defenders.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: 2022 NFL Free Agent Wish List

Offensive Line... All Offensive Line, all the time, all day, every day.

Scherff and Hicks would be my top 2 choices.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Hard to say not knowing what kind of money players are going to get this offseason. If the money worked I'd take a run at Tyrann Mathieu or Brandon Scherff, but I don't know that the money is going to work. They are in desperate need of a competent cover safety and they are in desperate need of OL help. The team did want Mathieu the year they signed Thomas IIRC.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

If we re-sign Bozeman and Stanley comes back, I am fine with our line. Obviously the team knows what's up with Stanley a lot more than we do, and that's really the key. But Bozeman is solid at C, and they invested a lost year in James who is a young and capable RT. Zeitler is as-advertised at RG. Cleveland should be able to unseat Powers at LG. That's a nice starting five. Depth with Mekari, Colon, Powers, and a pantload of fourth-round picks to spend this year, and I wouldn't be spending FA money on the o-line.

I think the d-line is where we are going to have to spend, because I'm not expecting any of the Monstars to play for us next year, and even though Madubuike and Washington have flashed, we are still really old and really thin in that spot. Foley Fatukasi could be a young replacement for BWill. I like Wicked's idea of Hicks, but I worry about decline with him. He is a pure stop-gap at a place we need to get younger.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    If we re-sign Bozeman and Stanley comes back, I am fine with our line. Obviously the team knows what's up with Stanley a lot more than we do, and that's really the key. But Bozeman is solid at C, and they invested a lost year in James who is a young and capable RT. Zeitler is as-advertised at RG. Cleveland should be able to unseat Powers at LG. That's a nice starting five. Depth with Mekari, Colon, Powers, and a pantload of fourth-round picks to spend this year, and I wouldn't be spending FA money on the o-line.

I think the d-line is where we are going to have to spend, because I'm not expecting any of the Monstars to play for us next year, and even though Madubuike and Washington have flashed, we are still really old and really thin in that spot. Foley Fatukasi could be a young replacement for BWill. I like Wicked's idea of Hicks, but I worry about decline with him. He is a pure stop-gap at a place we need to get younger.
    No way they should roll into 2022 hedging their bets on Stanley an often injured player. That thinking it was has them in the predicament they are in now.

James is also a OT coming off a major injury.

They need to draft or sign a health OT capable of playing both sides. Chances are Stanley will continue to miss games because he has missed games every single season he has played.

Marcus Williams- NO Saints Safety. We need a rangy Free Safety who can actually cover, make QBs think twice about throwing the deep ball and threaten for interceptions. Right now, the Ravens do not have a safety who quarterbacks have to worry about. He is the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PGCountyRaven85; 12-13-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Marcus Williams- NO Saints Safety. We need a tangy Free Safety who can actually cover, make QBs think twice about throwing the deep ball and threaten for interceptions. Right now, the Ravens do not have a safety who quarterbacks have to worry about. He is the answer.
    I agree on needing a safety, Williams is a great player but at 25 I think he's probably one of the premium FAs, no? I'm guessing Mathieu will be a little less expensive at 30 than Williams at 25.

Here's some FA OTs, I know nothing about most of these guys outside their names:

Nate Solder
    Cam Robinson
    Terron Armstead
    Duane Brown
    Trenton Brown
    Eric Fisher
    Reily Reiff
    Germain Ifedi
    Morgan Moses
    Charles Leno
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I agree on needing a safety, Williams is a great player but at 25 I think he's probably one of the premium FAs, no? I'm guessing Mathieu will be a little less expensive at 30 than Williams at 25.

Here's some FA OTs, I know nothing about most of these guys outside their names:

Nate Solder
    Cam Robinson
    Terron Armstead
    Duane Brown
    Trenton Brown
    Eric Fisher
    Reily Reiff
    Germain Ifedi
    Morgan Moses
    Charles Leno
    Since Reed left, the Ravens have been in crisis at FS, they have to scramble every couple years to put a bandaid on that position, ending up with past prime veterans (Thomas, Huff) or young guys who disappointed (Elam, Brooks, etc). We need to get a guy who can solidify that position for the next 3-5 years. That’s been 10 years in the wilderness at FS. Time to end that shit and solidify this position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Since Reed left, the Ravens have been in crisis at FS, they have to scramble every couple years to put a bandaid on that position, ending up with past prime veterans (Thomas, Huff) or young guys who disappointed (Elam, Brooks, etc). We need to get a guy who can solidify that position for the next 3-5 years. That’s been 10 years in the wilderness at FS. Time to end that shit and solidify this position.

I don't disagree at all. I am fully on board with safety being a priority need just after OL/DL and wanting the guy to solidify it for years. I just don't know that the Ravens will have the money to sign Williams.
    back on twitter

I like Matthieu but don’t want it to be another overpay situation like with Earl Thomas. I was high on Averett early this year but they can let him and Jimmy Smith go. Hopefully Marcus Peters can come back healthy. I like Westry upside The Ravens like going into the draft not wanting a need. I can see them signing a tackle in free agency. The good thing is they should have a lot of cap money with Campbell Smith Villanueva McPhee Williams and Watkins gone

Blog Entries

Ben Jones - C for the Tennessee Titans. This is a guy who really knows how to run block. Derrick Henry has been an incredible inside runner with Jones in front of him. Now that Henry is gone and Foreman is in that part of the running game still looks good. Jones isn't so bad as a pass blocker either. He'll be 33 but has been very healthy throughout his career. The Titans will probably try to keep him but at 33 he might be available if the money is right

Marcus Williams - S for the NO Saints. PGCountyRaven85 nailed it. There is nothing I can really add. Williams is incredible versatile and fits everything we do. He's be a great Raven

Sebastian Joseph-Day - DT for the LA Rams. Please, Please, Please! This guy gets inside pressure and it's not just because of Aaron Donald. Joseph-Day is going to get a ton of recognition once he leaves the Rams and becomes a star
    ;