Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles played a major role in Yankees’ loss in AL Wildcard game.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Wake me when the Orioles are done "rebuilding".
    Get comfortable, Mr. Van Winkle.

Blog Entries

Losing 8 games to this Orioles squad is a fireable offense for Boone.

The Orioles played no role in the Yankees losing to the Red Sox. The Yankees were probably the worst constructed team to make the playoffs in quite some time. Their defense up the middle is terrible, Torres playing short for almost two seasons was a bad move, finally in early September they moved him to second and put Urshela at SS, not that he's great at second either but it's better. Sanchez is absolutely the worst defensive catcher in baseball, if I were a GM there is no way this guy could play for me, CF is fair.

Their offense while having star power is littered with swing and miss guys that are overmatched against quality pitching but pile up stats against middle relievers and 4th and 5th starters. In the playoffs where an offense is generally facing 1 through 3 those swing and miss guys will be swinging and missing more. The Yankees offense is generally a one trick pony, being a long time observer of baseball their team looked more fresh in August when they had a lot of guys hurt and brought up a number of 4 A players bringing some speed and energy to the lineup.

The Yankees had losing records to
    Tampa 8-11
    Boston 9-10
    Toronto 8-11

The only hope they had was their pitching and Cole was nothing special against Boston this season, Boone had to start him. If they had a different opponent perhaps their pitching may have carried them a series but the Yankees record over the past two years in nothing to fear. They look better than the Orioles but who doesn't.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    The Orioles played no role in the Yankees losing to the Red Sox. The Yankees were probably the worst constructed team to make the playoffs in quite some time. Their defense up the middle is terrible, Torres playing short for almost two seasons was a bad move, finally in early September they moved him to second and put Urshela at SS, not that he's great at second either but it's better. Sanchez is absolutely the worst defensive catcher in baseball, if I were a GM there is no way this guy could play for me, CF is fair.

Their offense while having star power is littered with swing and miss guys that are overmatched against quality pitching but pile up stats against middle relievers and 4th and 5th starters. In the playoffs where an offense is generally facing 1 through 3 those swing and miss guys will be swinging and missing more. The Yankees offense is generally a one trick pony, being a long time observer of baseball their team looked more fresh in August when they had a lot of guys hurt and brought up a number of 4 A players bringing some speed and energy to the lineup.

The Yankees had losing records to
    Tampa 8-11
    Boston 9-10
    Toronto 8-11

The only hope they had was their pitching and Cole was nothing special against Boston this season, Boone had to start him. If they had a different opponent perhaps their pitching may have carried them a series but the Yankees record over the past two years in nothing to fear. They look better than the Orioles but who doesn't.
    To the Red Sox and Yankee fans in western MA, the Orioles are irrelevant. They’re not hated, feared, made fun of, pitied….. they are invisible. They just play in a stadium that’s cheap and easy for them to get great seats to see their teams. I think they would hate the O’s to move as much as people in Baltimore.

On to week 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Am I the only one who’d much rather witness Boston fans heartbreak than Yankees fans? Maybe this is a stretch on my behalf, but the Sox fans are Pats fans as well. *
    I grew up in north NJ, so I'm always down to see Boston teams lose.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I woke up sick to my stomach seeing the Sox win and Tampa Bay getting robbed of a go ahead run.

Blog Entries

Now that the Orioles are on the cusp of winning the world series in 2022, the damn league is going to a lockout.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...since-1994-95/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Par for the course for sports in this part of the world. Weren't the Terps looking like real contenders for the 2020 NCAA basketball championship when Miz Rona cancelled the tournament?
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Now that the Orioles are on the cusp of winning the world series in 2022, the damn league is going to a lockout.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...since-1994-95/
    Just a tad optimistic to consider them 2022 World Series champs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    Just a tad optimistic to consider them 2022 World Series champs.
    it was somewhat of a joke...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    it was somewhat of a joke...
    Somewhat? ... Bc

Orioles in playoffs again? Yes.
    Orioles in World Series again? No.

CCx