Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachwatch 2021

Re: Coachwatch 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    There is zero chance that Elway is looking at Fangio right now and thinking that this is the HC that will eventually lead the Broncos back to the Super Bowl.
    Fangio strikes me as someone tight, nervous, unwilling to take chances on offense.

Brian Billick would quip that he left Minnesota's high-powered offense and eventually "turned to the Dark Side" in Baltimore. Fangio seems like a Sith Lord unwilling to see the Light Side. I imagine that Fangio with a few beers in him would say he'd trade Noah Fant, Jerry Jeudy, K.J. Hamler and a Second Round pick for Khalil Mack and Christian Jones. He doesn't want to play with the toys Elway gave him. That situation is going to destruct soon enough.

2. Re: Coachwatch 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Fangio strikes me as someone tight, nervous, unwilling to take chances on offense.

Brian Billick would quip that he left Minnesota's high-powered offense and eventually "turned to the Dark Side" in Baltimore. Fangio seems like a Sith Lord unwilling to see the Light Side. I imagine that Fangio with a few beers in him would say he'd trade Noah Fant, Jerry Jeudy, K.J. Hamler and a Second Round pick for Khalil Mack and Christian Jones. He doesn't want to play with the toys Elway gave him. That situation is going to destruct soon enough.
    I wouldn't trade for Christian Jones because I don't think that's an NFL player. =P

Blog Entries

put Flores on the top of the list, that Dolphins team is awful and trending the wrong way. They got rid of all of the veterans so there is zero leadership and the coaching scenario is laughable.

Started so strong but when they shipped all of the veterans out, they have no identity

They have a home game against Houston next week - they better not lose that one...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I wouldn't trade for Christian Jones because I don't think that's an NFL player. =P
    Well spotted. I completely glossed over it because the name Christian Jones sounds so exactly like an NFL player. A defensive player at that. There's been an oversight somewhere because there isn't one in the NFL. Somebody fucked up. The NFL should do a Michael Sam and force a team to draft some guy named Christian Jones this year to fix this.

I just checked in case the Chiefs Chris Jones was a Christian. He isn't. Well not by name anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    put Flores on the top of the list, that Dolphins team is awful and trending the wrong way. They got rid of all of the veterans so there is zero leadership and the coaching scenario is laughable.

Started so strong but when they shipped all of the veterans out, they have no identity

They have a home game against Houston next week - they better not lose that one...
    Please tell me that isn't the Thursday Night game. Miami-Houston sounds like exactly the type of game they love to give us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Please tell me that isn't the Thursday Night game. Miami-Houston sounds like exactly the type of game they love to give us.
    didn't watch last week Packers vs Cards huh?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    didn't watch last week Packers vs Cards huh?
    They've been mostly good this season, like all the prime time games, but they do pick some bad looking ones that have somehow surprised us.
    eg. It's Jets Colts this week and they've lucked into the Mike White Experience.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    They wouldn’t put the Dolphins on two consecutive Thursdays.

Rumor that Matt Nagy (Bears) will be dumped this week
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ksgiving-game/
    A “top source with knowledge of the decision” told Konkel that Nagy was informed of his looming fate on Monday. Konkol does not cover the Bears, but there’s no hesitation or equivocation in his report.

As noted by Konkol, the Bears have NEVER fired a coach during the season. (Of course, the owner was the coach for four different 10-year stints.)

also, Giants fire Jason Garrett (OC)
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/23/jason-...e-coordinator/

Head coach Joe Judge fired Garrett after 26 games as Giants offensive coordinator, with the last straw coming Monday in a 30-10 loss to the Buccaneers. After the game, Judge couldn’t hide his anger and tipped that a major change was coming.

The Giants averaged 18 points per game under Garrett, which ranked No. 30 in the league (ahead of the Jets and Jaguars) over that span.

“We have to do a better job scoring points,” Judge said. “I’m going to keep it very blunt right there. We have to do a better job putting our players in position to make plays. We have too many good players. We have to put them in a better position to capitalize. We have to sit down as a coaching staff [Tuesday] and understand how we have to play this game. As a player, there are some things I’d be frustrated with, too.”

Bears playing ugly all year. change doesn't surprise me.
    Garrett? well, you can't make chicken soup out of chicken (XXXX) feathers
    Last edited by sailorsam; 11-23-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

You wonder how many times Jason Garrett has thought about his decision to turn down the Ravens head coaching job and return to Dallas as OC. There's a decision that should haunt him forever

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    You wonder how many times Jason Garrett has thought about his decision to turn down the Ravens head coaching job and return to Dallas as OC. There's a decision that should haunt him forever
    I don't think that would have been good for either side...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    There is zero chance that Elway is looking at Fangio right now and thinking that this is the HC that will eventually lead the Broncos back to the Super Bowl.
    Elway had his powers stripped from him. Firing by promotion.