Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Looking draft 2022: Prospects for Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    si el 17 que nombre antes es ebiketie (de) , el 13 es ellis brooks (lb), musthiper también se ve bien, smith es el que menos llamo mi atención, Brisquer igual.
    para usar nuestras rondas bajas, son todos jugadores interesantes.

the 17 whose name before is ebiketie (de), the 13 is ellis brooks (lb), musthiper also looks good, smith is the one that least caught my attention, Brisquer the same.
    to use our low rounds, they are all interesting players
    I think other than maybe Brisker, you're not looking above the mid rounds for any of the psu defense this year. We'll see how things play out though.

Brooks comes up more as the MLB, but I think Smith is the higher ceiling player.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The guy I want from Penn State is Dotson. I don’t know why he doesn’t have as much hype but if it helps him slide to us then who cares.

I really like Faalele, too—it’s not often you see a guy nearly 400 pounds that can move around the way he does.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    The guy I want from Penn State is Dotson. I don’t know why he doesn’t have as much hype but if it helps him slide to us then who cares.

I really like Faalele, too—it’s not often you see a guy nearly 400 pounds that can move around the way he does.
    I seriously doubt we draft another WR in the first.

Dotson's hype is growing though...I'm starting to see him in the top half/midddle of the first round in recent mocks.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

OL, DL, LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

en ofensiva creo que elegirán Tight End sobre Wr, hay varios nombres interesantes en todas las rondas, wydermyer, likely, kolar, otton, whyle, ferguson, laporta.
    on offense I think they will choose Tight End over Wr, there are several interesting names in all rounds, wydermyer, likely, kolar, otton, whyle, ferguson, laporta

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    OL, DL, LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed with CB probably 4th assuming Averett leaves.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    OL, DL, LB.
    Yes to the first two but I don't want them trying to draft another LB early. It's such a small target to hit trying to find a good one. Just get one of those smart guys that have played a lot in college in the mid to late rounds. They don't need to be a super athlete or anything.

The Ravens will definitely draft another running back. The Ravens are quite once bitten, twice shy about these positional injury crises like with their DB addiction. I'd expect them to go into the 2022 season with 4 RBs on the 53 too.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Yes to the first two but I don't want them trying to draft another LB early. It's such a small target to hit trying to find a good one. Just get one of those smart guys that have played a lot in college in the mid to late rounds. They don't need to be a super athlete or anything.
    I kinda agree...I'd take a look at a moderately priced vet just for some stability there instead of drafting a guy in the first 2-3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I seriously doubt we draft another WR in the first.

Dotson's hype is growing though...I'm starting to see him in the top half/midddle of the first round in recent mocks.
    I wouldn’t be surprised with any position we choose to go for in the first round, except QB obviously. I think if there are two similarly graded guys, one a receiver and one is an offensive or defensive lineman, they go with the lineman for sure. But I wouldn’t be opposed to taking a receiver if he was comfortably the BPA. Other than quarterback and kicker I don’t see a position on the roster that has no room for improvement. Which is why I wouldn’t be opposed to a shutdown corner either if they fell. I think the draft should be about building talent long term, especially at the premium positions:
    Cornerback
    Edge/Interior Pass rusher
    Receiver
    Offensive tackle/guard

Trades and free agency are for filling holes on the depth chart. Maybe Day 3 of the draft also, with a focus on the positions that have a lower value:
    Middle/Inside Linebacker
    Safety
    Nose tackle
    Center
    Running back
    Tight end

Of course there are always exceptions and special circumstances but generally I think this is the way the better teams go about it

Blog Entries

The only non-LT Ravens OL first round pick I can remember was OG Ben Grubbs. They just don't seem to want to spend such a high draft pick on OL, unless Stanley's injury is a lot worse than reported. That would be devastating to the Ravens from a personnel and cap perspective.

I would say they prioritize DL (first round), OT (second round), and then ILB (if Queen and/or Harrison don't show significant improvement)
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

ItÂ’s weird whatÂ’s going on right now with so many young linebackers. Queen isnÂ’t the only one struggling. Kenneth Murray and Jordyn Brooks have both been disappointing. Isaiah Simmons has been okay but when they play teams with smart coaches like the 49ers or Rams he gets picked apart. Devin White looks like a prime Ray Lewis in the box scores, but also gives up a ton of yardage and touchdowns both in coverage and versus the run. Roquan SmithÂ’s quality has dropped off a cliff.

I could go on but it seems like NFL offenses have figured out how to consistently gain an advantage by targeting linebackers. They are the wounded gazelles of the league’s defensive players. I donÂ’t know that there is a single dominant inside linebacker in the entire league. Maybe Darius Leonard if he gets back to pre injury form. It has become the most double edged position in the game.

I have a theory that it may be because of how efficient offensive teams have become. What made a defense good 20 or even 10 years ago might not cut it in todayÂ’s game. There are something like 9 or 10 quarterbacks with completions over 70 percent and/or 8+ yards per attempt. But whatÂ’s hard to prove is to whether thatÂ’s caused by better offense or worse defense, and to what degree?