Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbs is going OFF in his presser, absolute gold

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Still one of my all time favorite plays.
    I can still hear that sound effect in my head, sortta PHLAFFPBT!!!! Like a giant rubber inner tube that had the air squashed out of it.

Fangio isn’t the only one salty.

Von miller’s sorry ass said they can’t wait to play the Steelers this week so they can play a normal team that throws the ball and hands it off. Lol

Miller’s sorry ass was invisible yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Re: Harbs is going OFF in his presser, absolute gold

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

Von miller’s sorry ass said they can’t wait to play the Steelers this week so they can play a normal team that throws the ball and hands it off. Lol

Maybe Von Miller and his defense can hold the opponent to fewer than 300 air yards this time.

Von wants a stationary target.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Are you saying the Broncos should have folded their tent? We all know the game was salted away, but don't you play up to the very last second? Even if they made previous mistakes, which is common for all teams, you still have a "show" to put on. Imagine a team, it's fans, and upper management, if a Head Coach throws in the towel. Yes, even with a mere few seconds left... Bc
    The Broncos DID fold their tent. They had zero urgency to start that drive—they got the ball back with over a minute left but they were running their offense out of the huddle and even went with a running play early on. They didn’t call their first timeout until there were 25 seconds left. It really left me scratching my head. But it seems clear that the whole purpose of that drive for Fangio was to try to get a garbage time TD to make the score line look better.

Regardless, though, no one has any problem with them trying to score. That’s the whole point. They tried to score a late TD and we tried to stop them. Then we tried to run the ball and they tried to stop us. That’s how football works.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

What does that even mean?

No Von you want to play another team who's season is going down the shitter so you can pad your stats and your team can pad it's record. The only thing not "normal" about the Ravens is that they are the only good team you've faced and they knocked your team in the mouth.

Broncos don't make the playoffs

7. Re: Harbs is going OFF in his presser, absolute gold

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Yeah, I really don't care about this one way or the other - I didn't like it in real time, as I was concerned about putting Lamar at risk for no good reason. But in retrospect, I'm fine with it. But there was a difference between what the Donks did in the final minute and what the Ravens did.

The goal on Sunday is to win the game. Denver could argue that even with 10 seconds left, down 16, something miraculous could happen (like this, just a few weeks ago in a HS game https://www.cbssports.com/general/ne...-comeback-win/). Yeah, the odds are one in a million, but down 16 with 30 seconds left is not the same as down 30... or even 17 for that matter. It's a two-score game. I think there were 10 seconds left before they ran the play that we intercepted. With a friendly hometown scorer running the clock, they could've hoped to score with 5 seconds left. Recover the onside kick with 1 second left. Complete a Hail Mary at the buzzer... Those things could feasibly happen. About as likely as hitting the lottery, but possible.

Meanwhile, when the Ravens got the ball with three seconds left, the game was won. That's it: The goal coming into Denver was secured. The absolute best way to guarantee the win was to take a knee. There was no way they could say they ran that last play to ensure victory - Harbs freely admits that had nothing to do with it. So the two scenarios *are* different. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad coach, but I think it's a little disingenuous to say the Ravens did the same thing as Denver.
    Wrong. ONE of the goals coming into Denver was secured. The Ravens obviously had a second goal. That being rush for 100 yards.

NFL players are a prideful bunch. You can bet J.H. is going to play up the accomplishment and challenge the offense to to make sole ownership of the record a point of pride.

The most telling aspect of this is I really haven’t heard much bitching from Steeler fans. Maybe I’m wrong. But damn.

9. Re: Harbs is going OFF in his presser, absolute gold

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    The most telling aspect of this is I really haven’t heard much bitching from Steeler fans. Maybe I’m wrong. But damn.
    Steelers fans have way bigger fish to fry. Like how they're going to avoid finishing dead last in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Florio is still milking this faux controversy on his website. Good for Harbaugh!
    As he always does. I can't stand that little prick. He's also a steelers fan to boot and has shown his dislike for the Ravens since I can remember. He's always taking little shots and although I could care less at this point I just wish some of these guys could drop there bias a little bit. I mean he never played the game like Boomer or Rodney Harrison and it's nothing political so WTF?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stone; 10-04-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    As he always does. I can't stand that little prick. He's also a steelers fan to boot and has shown his dislike for the Ravens since I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Florio is a Vikings fan, despite growing up in Steelers country.

Lol go Harbs!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk