Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Harbs is going OFF in his presser, absolute gold

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Well John, get a TD and a 2-pt conversion, then you're down by 8. On-Side Kick recovery (or whatever) then there's a mathematical chance. Yes slim and none (mostly none), but what else would an opposing team do? I'll bet J.H. would have done the same too... Bc
    I think there was only 3 seconds left so that would seem impossible. If the Broncos had pulled to within 8 and then kicked off with 3 seconds the kickoff itself would take more than 3 seconds if it was an onside kick.

Blog Entries

Are you saying the Broncos should have folded their tent? We all know the game was salted away, but don't you play up to the very last second? Even if they made previous mistakes, which is common for all teams, you still have a "show" to put on. Imagine a team, it's fans, and upper management, if a Head Coach throws in the towel. Yes, even with a mere few seconds left... Bc
    I have zero problem with the Broncos trying to score at the end of that game. I also have no problem with the Ravens rushing for those 5 yards to continue their streak. I only made that comment because of Fangio's whining.

There was just as much if not more of a chance of player(s) getting hurt when the Broncos were trying to score during garbage time as there was on that last Ravens running play. Nether of those things were about winning the game. The outcome had already been decided. The Broncos may have been trying to get Lock more reps to get him ready to play next week on their last drive, while the Ravens wanted to continue their streak. As Harbaugh said, different things are important to different teams.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Yeah, I really don't care about this one way or the other - I didn't like it in real time, as I was concerned about putting Lamar at risk for no good reason. But in retrospect, I'm fine with it. But there was a difference between what the Donks did in the final minute and what the Ravens did.

The goal on Sunday is to win the game. Denver could argue that even with 10 seconds left, down 16, something miraculous could happen (like this, just a few weeks ago in a HS game https://www.cbssports.com/general/ne...-comeback-win/). Yeah, the odds are one in a million, but down 16 with 30 seconds left is not the same as down 30... or even 17 for that matter. It's a two-score game. I think there were 10 seconds left before they ran the play that we intercepted. With a friendly hometown scorer running the clock, they could've hoped to score with 5 seconds left. Recover the onside kick with 1 second left. Complete a Hail Mary at the buzzer... Those things could feasibly happen. About as likely as hitting the lottery, but possible.

Meanwhile, when the Ravens got the ball with three seconds left, the game was won. That's it: The goal coming into Denver was secured. The absolute best way to guarantee the win was to take a knee. There was no way they could say they ran that last play to ensure victory - Harbs freely admits that had nothing to do with it. So the two scenarios *are* different. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad coach, but I think it's a little disingenuous to say the Ravens did the same thing as Denver.
    I mean they scored one TD in 59 minutes and 50 seconds. The odds of them scoring 2 TDs with 2 conversions in under 10 seconds is probably less than winning the lottery.

I mean you could play that game all day, right? If you are down 3 scores with 20 seconds left you could get two onsides kicks, two hail marys and win.

If Fangio's primary goal is player safety, as he says, at what point is playing that lottery not worth the chance of injury? He's full of shit.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Twenty years later and Gannon still can't get over it.
    Neither can his ribs, kidneys, and liver. There’re still as as bruised as his ego.

Blog Entries

Are you saying the Broncos should have folded their tent? We all know the game was salted away, but don't you play up to the very last second? Even if they made previous mistakes, which is common for all teams, you still have a "show" to put on. Imagine a team, it's fans, and upper management, if a Head Coach throws in the towel. Yes, even with a mere few seconds left... Bc
    again BC, you’re totally missing the plot here

Every play in the game for every player in the game is subject to catastrophic injury.

If one was averse to the risk of injury - they would not play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Twenty years later and Gannon still can't get over it.
    Still one of my all time favorite plays.

Not that they're the arbiters of... anything, but the entire NFL Live crew on ESPN just lampooned Fangio over this.

Good for Harbs👍🏻 It’s not often you hear much besides the same old coach speak. Love the 16 point TD line

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    John Harbaugh said the Ravens threw the ball so much because the Broncos were stacking the box.

"They were very determined to stop the run," he said. "Obviously, that was a very important goal for those guys, to keep us under 100.”

John Harbaugh made the point that Ravens got the ball back because Broncos were throwing to the end zone in a 23-7 game.

"Throwing the ball in the end zone with 10 seconds left, I don’t know if that’s there’s a 16-point touchdown that’s going to be possible right there," he said

I thought we were on good terms. We’ve known each other for a long time. I promise you, I’m not going to give that insult one second thought."

What’s meaningful to us might not be meaningful to them. Their concerns are definitely not our concerns. We didn't expect to get the ball back. We decided that, if we get the ball back, we were going to try to get the yards."

GO OFF KING
    REPOST from another thread.

Total BS.

THEY kept calling time outs when they had no chance to win the game, risking their players and more importantly ours, despite having no chance. Their time outs are why there was enough time for us to run another play.

If I was Harbaugh I run for the record then I call time out and go deep on their asses to see if we can get a TD as time runs out.

Screw them.

I was cool with not having the record until that fossil Fangio starting calling those time outs.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Well then play to the last second. We did and ran for 5 yards we didn't need while they tried to score a TD that meant nothing.

No, they weren't pulling off some miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Hes such a fake tough guy. Gym class hero Harbaugh what a bag.
    Sounds more like a "gym class hero" criticizing him.`