Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 182
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well, Ortizer said get rid of, so I was just using his language.

    I'm just saying, what's the point if it's a crapshoot whether it's for the right strain and if it is, you can still get it...


    Its always been that that way. It just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling you are safe.





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    A 40% reduction in chances of getting the flu/reduction in severity seems like it would be worthwhile for those at higher risks for respiratory problems.

    Years ago when employers were offering flu shots to their employees I started getting them. Got them every year for 20 +. Two years ago I didn't get one. Still didn't get the flu.





  3. #15

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Years ago when employers were offering flu shots to their employees I started getting them. Got them every year for 20 +. Two years ago I didn't get one. Still didn't get the flu.
    And that means what??????





  4. #16

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    https://twitter.com/Hoop_District/st...498401282?s=20

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I font know why this is so hard to get an honest discussion on. He is 100% correct, why are laws and mandates created in a way that acts like this particular vaccine does what other vaccines actually do and stop the spread? Because they want to keep reporting numbers so they can continue to vilify the unvaxxed. .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  5. #17

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    For the past few weeks, the Powerball jackpot has been getting up there. So, I've been buying a $3 ticket each draw. Didn't win a thing. Last week, I forgot to stop and get one. Still didn't win. So, if I'm not going to win, why should I buy a ticket?





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    A 40% reduction in chances of getting the flu/reduction in severity seems like it would be worthwhile for those at higher risks for respiratory problems.
    I've always heard it was 30%. But either way, risk is relative to the person taking it.

    I prefer a healthy lifestyle and taking chances with natural immunity personally.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





  7. #19

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've always heard it was 30%. But either way, risk is relative to the person taking it.

    I prefer a healthy lifestyle and taking chances with natural immunity personally.
    But you said do away with flu shot. What does that mean???

    Since the flu varies yearly, ‘natural immunity’ doesn’t really apply. You are simply hoping you are healthy enough to get through it.





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    850

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    For the past few weeks, the Powerball jackpot has been getting up there. So, I've been buying a $3 ticket each draw. Didn't win a thing. Last week, I forgot to stop and get one. Still didn't win. So, if I'm not going to win, why should I buy a ticket?
    If people can catch and spread the disease and don't die then why get a vaccine that does the same thing?

    Everytime I think about getting the vaccine I read an article like this

    https://populist.press/grounding-all...Day%20183%20W1

    The spike proteins are really interesting but you know I'm sure it's Russian disinformation.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little





  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    850

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But you said do away with flu shot. What does that mean???

    Since the flu varies yearly, ‘natural immunity’ doesn’t really apply. You are simply hoping you are healthy enough to get through it.
    Only the young were dying from the Spanish Flu of 1918. The older people were more immune due to similiar strain from around 30 yrs before that. So yeah natural immunity does mean something.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little





  10. #22

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    If people can catch and spread the disease and don't die then why get a vaccine that does the same thing?

    Everytime I think about getting the vaccine I read an article like this

    https://populist.press/grounding-all...Day%20183%20W1

    The spike proteins are really interesting but you know I'm sure it's Russian disinformation.
    Just to be clear, I'm completely neutral on the whole thing. I have my opinions, but I won't for a second pretend I know enough to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do. Having said that, I keep hearing that logic and we all know it's a roll of the dice for everyone. I keep hearing that mostly obese people get it bad and die. That's true. But, how about all the obese people that get it and do fine or the young and healthy that get it and have either severe side effects or even die? Yes, it's a roll of the dice. You feel lucky, then I say roll those dice, as is everyone's right. Your very first sentence is the one I am referring to. If you (or anyone) wants to take that chance, I say it's your right. The odds are great for most people that they'll do just fine. There are those, however, that might counter with "what about the others you may spread it to(?)" (Forgetting that being vaxxed or not doesn't matter w/that). Again, I get both sides. I do. I don't disagree w/either of them. I got jabbed because I am over 60, in great shape, but my wife works in healthcare around dozens and dozens of patients every day. I did wait awhile though, in case people started dropping like flies. To each their own. I still get "that look" from people wearing masks in stores as they look at me w/out one. I just grin from ear to ear and say "hi there".





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But you said do away with flu shot. What does that mean???

    Since the flu varies yearly, ‘natural immunity’ doesn’t really apply. You are simply hoping you are healthy enough to get through it.
    Dude... I'm not interested in an argument on semantics where you be overly literal.

    What you're saying about natural immunity is the same as the flu shot.

    So for me, I don't see the point. And if it were me, I'd preach healthy lifestyle vs a shot.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" —Dave Chappelle





  12. #24

    Re: Bradley Beal dropping truth bombs

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Dude... I'm not interested in an argument on semantics where you be overly literal.

    What you're saying about natural immunity is the same as the flu shot.

    So for me, I don't see the point. And if it were me, I'd preach healthy lifestyle vs a shot.
    Again i will point out that i dont care if people get vaccinated or not.

    But i do care about yours (and others) commentary that basically dismiss any help from vaccines. You may call it semantics, but you are still undercutting treatment that IS helpful, with glib comments like lets get rid of it, or your sarcastic safe and effective posts.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site