Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Marlon Mack anybody?

No disrespect to Mack, but before pulling that trigger (& spending precious resources) I'd rather see Ty’Son get 12-15 carries/touches a game for a few games first.

This isn’t like a free agent where you can bring the guy in and work him out. It’s tough to want to bring a guy in off injury blind like that. And Mack, while a serviceable starting RB a couple years back, was never a guy who could take over a game like Henry or CMC. I’d pass. If they end up releasing him, I’d bring him in for a workout.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This isn’t like a free agent where you can bring the guy in and work him out. It’s tough to want to bring a guy in off injury blind like that. And Mack, while a serviceable starting RB a couple years back, was never a guy who could take over a game like Henry or CMC. I’d pass. If they end up releasing him, I’d bring him in for a workout.
    I agree with most of this, however you lost me by throwing in CMC and Henry. There is a hell of a lot of room between what we got now and CMC and Henry. Nobody said he was close to either of those guys. They are first team All Pro running backs and probably one day Hall of Famers if they stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I agree with most of this, however you lost me by throwing in CMC and Henry. There is a hell of a lot of room between what we got now and CMC and Henry. Nobody said he was close to either of those guys. They are first team All Pro running backs and probably one day Hall of Famers if they stay healthy.

I bring up CMC and Henry because of posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    He was a top back before getting injured. Like a top 5-7 back.
    If we’re talking top 5-7 back those are the guys you’re gonna get compared to.

If Mack was a true number one back why did the Colts draft Taylor. Drafted him pre Mack injury as well. Sorry but too many horses in the stable already. Use the money and resources elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    If Mack was a true number one back why did the Colts draft Taylor. Drafted him pre Mack injury as well. Sorry but too many horses in the stable already. Use the money and resources elsewhere.
    The issue is none of the horses in the stable are any good. I can’t speak for the Colts decision making, thought that was a thoroughly bizarre pick at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The issue is none of the horses in the stable are any good. I can’t speak for the Colts decision making, thought that was a thoroughly bizarre pick at the time.
    Ravens are still rushing over 100 yards every game. Mainly thanks to Lamar. But remember all these guy they have now came in brand new three weeks ago. There is going to be a learning curve their first few weeks here. They have capable backs. Don’t think Mack moves the needle that much. Would be comparable to a Yannick trade from last year at best. I’d rather hold onto the picks and money for emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Ravens are still rushing over 100 yards every game. Mainly thanks to Lamar. But remember all these guy they have now came in brand new three weeks ago. There is going to be a learning curve their first few weeks here. They have capable backs. Don’t think Mack moves the needle that much. Would be comparable to a Yannick trade from last year at best. I’d rather hold onto the picks and money for emergency.
    You don’t need to learn a system to not just fall down the moment anybody sneezes on you and that’s what both Freeman and Murray have been doing. They’re both below replacement level guys rn. Lamar and the threat of Lamar are the only reasons we’re putting up the rushing stats we are.

I’d hope we wouldn’t be giving up a 3rd and a 5th for Mack so idk what the Yannick comparison is doing. He’s a RB outside his team’s rotation. This is the kind of guy you get for like a conditional 6th or something. If it doesn’t work out no harm no foul.

The system definitely does a lot of the heavy lifting, but clearly the team thinks having a dangerous RB is important or else they wouldn’t have spent a mid 2nd rounder on Dobbins and they wouldn’t have given Gus that extension. Mack might be done but he also has the potential to be a dangerous RB who brings something to the table beyond what the system gives him. And as cheap as he would be I think that’s a worthy gamble.

Granted I would probably rather have Jamie Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Totally agree. The Ravens do not need any more running backs. The running back position is not where we need help. The Ravens need linebackers and defensive backs who can tackle and cover receivers.
    Disagree. Our offense is erratic because our run game is sporadic. It's feast or famine right now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    You don’t need to learn a system to not just fall down the moment anybody sneezes on you and that’s what both Freeman and Murray have been doing. They’re both below replacement level guys rn. Lamar and the threat of Lamar are the only reasons we’re putting up the rushing stats we are.

I’d hope we wouldn’t be giving up a 3rd and a 5th for Mack so idk what the Yannick comparison is doing. He’s a RB outside his team’s rotation. This is the kind of guy you get for like a conditional 6th or something. If it doesn’t work out no harm no foul.
    You seem to be passionate about the guy and I don’t see any downside other than money. Not sure they can pay $2M what would it take? Ideally join the PS initially.

He may want to see if a better offer comes along first

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I bring up CMC and Henry because of posts like this:

If we’re talking top 5-7 back those are the guys you’re gonna get compared to.
    Thats the top 2 backs and they are way above the rest. When you get below 5 things start evening out a bit. I think 8-12 is probably where Mack was pre-injury, and that's way better than what we've got now. The achilles is the issue, not whether he was the 7th best back or the 10th.