Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Poor LB play and one obvious common denominator

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    But how come Queen looked better last season?
    He had LJ Fort showing him the ropes (including getting him lined up correctly while on the field).

Queen sucked at tackling last year and in pass coverage too...he's the same player.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'd like to see how the LBs play when a quality defensive end like Wolfe returns. Do RBs get bottled up or forced to run more of the width of the field?

Also, let's not forget that Waller, Kelce, and Hockenson are arguably three of the top five TEs in football. Those players likely create communication and matchup problems with LBs and Ss.

I'm willing to give the players and coaches some breathing room or leeway to adjust for the sudden loss of Peters, and the sustained loss of a good DE, and the again sudden losses of Williams, Madb and others.

Denver has another athletically gifted TE. Plus, Denver wants to run the ball. This should be another test. Let's see what the Ravens have learned and how much of a difference returning talent makes.

Blog Entries

Blaming Rob Ryan, a position coach, for the less than stellar Ravens D thru 3, (2.5 anyway) games is bizarre and absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Blaming Rob Ryan, a position coach, for the less than stellar Ravens D thru 3, (2.5 anyway) games is bizarre and absurd.
    It’s fair to ask what Ryan is bringing to the table besides farting contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He had LJ Fort showing him the ropes (including getting him lined up correctly while on the field).

Queen sucked at tackling last year and in pass coverage too...he's the same player.
    Yeah good point about Fort. I remember Queen being uneven last season but now he just looks like a bad player through three games. The arm tackling stuff has to go.

Fort is the most underrated player on the team and has been for his entire tenure here.

Queen was never good, he just wasn't exposed as much last season because he wasn't "the guy".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s fair to ask what Ryan is bringing to the table besides farting contests.
    Best Arlo Guthrie hair impersonation?
    Last edited by DonNMass; 09-27-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Sorry, it’s been ages since I’ve attached a picture to a post. Can’t remember how to do it. I thought I had a picture of Rob Ryan teed up but it didn’t show up.

Anyway.. yeah.. the guy has had jobs with like 12 NFL teams and has flunked all of them. Not sure why Harbs let him in the building.

He's on the see-food diet... Bc

9. Re: Poor LB play and one obvious common denominator

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

Congrats, Rob! I wonder when he's due?

Arnold - Pregnant 2.jpg

I hope this worked.

I think Arnold made a more convincing pregnant woman in Junior because he had no beard.http://conteudo.imguol.com.br/c/bol/...54_615x300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

I clicked everything under the sun and still couldn’t get the stupid picture to show up. Oh well.

At least he isn't the coordinator. You have to start pointing fingers at Wink but given his past success he gets a little bit of a pass for now because I expect them to get better.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer