Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

People constantly tell me…

“LaMaR cAnT tHrOw oUtSiDe Th3 nUmBeRs” but I swear, this was a hell of a pass on that 4th and 19:

https://youtu.be/0vMwApTcp-s

I hope to see more plays like this when Bateman is back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: People constantly tell me…

Hell yea

The issue is on the receiving end of Lamar's throws. Lamar was throwing laser beams today only to be let down by his receivers. Lamar easily could have thrown for 350 yards and 3 or 4 touchdown passes. Instead Lamar and Tucker have to be heroes at the end of the game to eek out a win.

You can see he put in the work this offseason to get better outside the numbers. Had a few nice throws against the Chiefs too.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The issue is on the receiving end of Lamar's throws. Lamar was throwing laser beams today only to be let down by his receivers. Lamar easily could have thrown for 350 yards and 3 or 4 touchdown passes. Instead Lamar and Tucker have to be heroes at the end of the game to eek out a win.
    His receivers left about 150 yards on the field, he still threw for almost 300 WITH the drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I mean despite the great down the field passes for TDs being dropped, he still averaged 9.25 yards per attempt. He had a great day tossing the ball regardless. If just one of those 4 balls to Brown(3)/Watkins(1) then he’s probably over 10 with a couple tds. Add two and he rightfully has his 3 tds and 350 yards on 33 attempts on top of 60 rushing yards. That’s best qb in the league stuff.

He is markedly improved in this department this season, you can see it in his mechanics and, well, the sky's the limit with this guy. Not much more to be said. He works hard and gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I mean despite the great down the field passes for TDs being dropped, he still averaged 9.25 yards per attempt. He had a great day tossing the ball regardless. If just one of those 4 balls to Brown(3)/Watkins(1) then he’s probably over 10 with a couple tds. Add two and he rightfully has his 3 tds and 350 yards on 33 attempts on top of 60 rushing yards. That’s best qb in the league stuff.
    Agreed Lamar was very good even with his receivers miscues. I'm not sure if I've seen Lamar more on point throwing the ball in today's game.

The only blatant misses I can remember today was the pass to Andrews in the end zone and obviously the pick. My goodness those other passes to Hollywood and Watkins were absolute things of beauty. As much as I think Hollywood is doing ok this season, plays like that just make you wonder what kind of stats Lamar would have with a guy like Nuke or Devante Adams....

10. Re: People constantly tell me…

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The only blatant misses I can remember today was the pass to Andrews in the end zone and obviously the pick. My goodness those other passes to Hollywood and Watkins were absolute things of beauty. As much as I think Hollywood is doing ok this season, plays like that just make you wonder what kind of stats Lamar would have with a guy like Nuke or Devante Adams....
    Lamar was 16/31. That includes 1 spike, so there were 14 "true" incompletions. The Lions had 4 passes defensed, and Lamar had 3 passes that he threw away, accounting for half of the incompletions. Of the remaining 7, 1 was pretty much also a throwaway (he threw a practically uncatchable ball to Ty'Son Williams). There were the 2 drops from Brown, and the INT, which I consider an arm punt (I also think he was targeting Watkins; he wasn't throwing to Brown anymore after the drops, literally did not target him). 2 pretty clear misses to me, both to Andrews, and 1 pass that I can't determine without a22 (pass to Watkins in the EZ, Lamar throws it outside of where Watkins ran).

edit: pretty clear to me from a22 that Lamar misses Watkins. Sammy is running free just inside the numbers, Lamar's throw hits roughly around the edge of the numbers, maybe a yard or two too wide

All in all, I'll take 90% of his passes being on target, particularly since a large number of them were dimes.

q time target classification detail
    02:27
    M.Andrews
    miss
    (2:27) (Shotgun) L.Jackson to BLT 5 for -5 yards. FUMBLES; and recovers at BLT 5. L.Jackson pass incomplete short middle to M.Andrews.
    12:26
    S.Watkins
    PD
    (12:26) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep right to S.Watkins (B.Price).
    11:02
    M.Brown
    PD
    (11:02) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep left to M.Brown (T.Walker).
    03:31
    T.Williams
    uncatchable
    (3:31) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep right to T.Williams (B.Price) [J.Reeves-Maybin].
    01:50
    M.Brown
    drop
    (1:50) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep right to M.Brown.
    01:35
    thrown away
    throwaway
    (1:35) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete short right. Ball thrown away
    00:41
    M.Brown
    drop
    (:41) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep left to M.Brown.
    13:14
    S.Watkins
    miss
    (13:14) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep right to S.Watkins.
    12:27
    M.Andrews
    miss
    (12:27) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete deep middle to M.Andrews.
    01:28
    S.Watkins
    PD
    (1:28) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete short middle to S.Watkins (J.Penisini). Ball batted at the line.
    00:56
    thrown away
    throwaway
    (:56) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete short right [J.Okwara]. Ball thrown away.
    05:33
    M.Brown
    arm punt
    (5:33) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass deep left intended for M.Brown INTERCEPTED by A.Oruwariye at DET 21. A.Oruwariye to DET 21 for no gain (M.Brown).
    00:40
    D.Duvernay
    PD
    (:40) (No Huddle; Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete short middle to D.Duvernay (B.Price).
    00:07
    spike
    spike
    (:07) (No Huddle) L.Jackson spiked the ball to stop the clock.
    00:06
    thrown away
    throwaway
    (:06) (Shotgun) L.Jackson pass incomplete short left. ball thrown away

Last edited by organizedchaos21; 09-28-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Go0od stuff as usual OC. You flip those three deep drops to green and that chart looks really good.