Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Poor Detroit

1. Re: Poor Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    *Chef's kiss* Exquisite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re: Poor Detroit

There's just something so sweet about snatching an undeserved victory from the j of d. It feels like you've tricked someone or got away with something you had no right to. The no call on the delay of game added a little extra flavor too. That slightly cruel type of pleasure is outweighing my sympathy for the Lions.

Add to that Lamar's performance, throwing dimes to the outside and deep the way we've been hoping he would and the fact that going into it, I'd have been happy with a narrow win with all the missing players and after the Chiefs game and it was a good day to be a Ravens fan.

Lions may thank Tucker for the loss before it is over. Somewhere in the draft there is a QB everyone will be salivating over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Agree with everything but I believe Matt Prater previously held the record at 64 yards, atleast if we’re talking NFL wide. Tucker for sure has the two longest ever kicked in detroit but I assume you meant NFL wide.
    I did, and I completely forgot about Prater’s kick. I apologize.

Idea to show Detroit some love...On the Detroit Lions foundation page, they have an option to dedicate donation to loved one or friend...if you click yes, one of the options is "In celebration of"

....wouldn't it be awesome if a bunch of Ravens fans made a donation "In celebration of Justin Tucker"
    Let's show the Lions some love and show that Ravens fans are the best in the NFL!

Info about the Detroit Lions Foundation
    Detroit Lions Foundation supports transformational efforts in underserved communities, working to create long lasting impact through meaningful partnerships with local non-profits. Throughout the year, the Detroit Lions work to raise awareness and funding for these organizations, prioritizing critical needs in the community, with an emphasis on youth development, access and opportunity and social justice initiatives in Detroit.

Link:

https://www.detroitlions.com/community/donate

This made my day. These guys are great, respect to the Lions for a hard fought game

Incredible. Thanks for posting!
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    These kinds of correlations never hold water. What if the Broncos have an uncharacteristic game and commit a bunch of turnovers? What if Teddy gets hurt? What if they have a covid outbreak on their defense this week? What if the refs call holding every time the Broncos have a running play that nets a first down? Bottom line is the Ravens need to play better for sure. But trying to extrapolate what will win a game from week to week is a fool's errand in the NFL.
    Well said Rygar. The NFL is completely a " week to week" league. There is no transitive property of teams. Each game is a unique beast; get those wins, try to stay healthy, and move on to the next opponent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Agree with everything but I believe Matt Prater previously held the record at 64 yards, atleast if we’re talking NFL wide. Tucker for sure has the two longest ever kicked in detroit but I assume you meant NFL wide.
    His previous game winner was the dome record, but not the overall record
    Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    *Chef's kiss* Exquisite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Loved the one guy saying "these kind of things happen to the lions" as tucker lines up

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

"66 yard attempt? No way!! No Way!!! Get the hell out of here Justin Tucker! Get the hell out of here!..."

Priceless, best call. I think that's the one they should use in NFL Films

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I remember that game. Dempsey never the credit because of his foot and special shoes became his *
    Yes. he was an oversized sofa of a guy, with a congenitally deformed kicking foot in a shoe with a unique large "toe surface." Spent time with the Eagles, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Idea to show Detroit some love...On the Detroit Lions foundation page, they have an option to dedicate donation to loved one or friend...if you click yes, one of the options is "In celebration of"

....wouldn't it be awesome if a bunch of Ravens fans made a donation "In celebration of Justin Tucker"
    Let's show the Lions some love and show that Ravens fans are the best in the NFL!

Info about the Detroit Lions Foundation
    Detroit Lions Foundation supports transformational efforts in underserved communities, working to create long lasting impact through meaningful partnerships with local non-profits. Throughout the year, the Detroit Lions work to raise awareness and funding for these organizations, prioritizing critical needs in the community, with an emphasis on youth development, access and opportunity and social justice initiatives in Detroit.

Link:

https://www.detroitlions.com/community/donate
    Done! Good Call. Vermont!!