Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Kenny Young is making some plays for the Rams. I wonder what the Rams think of his overall play.
    It took Kenny Young four years to develop.

But Young was a 4th round pick. Queen is a 1st round pick. Major difference in investment.

I'd definitely be looking to sell high with this player based on reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    It took Kenny Young four years to develop.

But Young was a 4th round pick. Queen is a 1st round pick. Major difference in investment.
    Understood. The question I am thinking about is not when we drafted Queen but if the light bulb will come on.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Understood. The question I am thinking about is not when we drafted Queen but if the light bulb will come on.
    Yeah, once the investment is made it doesn't matter moving forward - I hope Queen doesn't take quite as long as Young, I'm still seeing strides made in year two so just need to keep on improving. Tackling is the bigger issue over coverage right now IMO.

Anyone remember Kenny Young? He is looking good out there making plays for the Rams. Maybe we should have kept him.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield207 View Post
    Anyone remember Kenny Young? He is looking good out there making plays for the Rams. Maybe we should have kept him.
    Young looks like he’s playing Harrison’s role moreso than a sideline to sideline coverage LBer.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield207 View Post
    We got Marcus Peters in that trade. I’d do that again 10 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    We got Marcus Peters in that trade. I’d do that again 10 times out of 10.
    This!!
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Several instances today, he just put his arms around the ball carrier's shoulders and didn't do much else to get him down.

I wanted to give him a break last week because the Chiefs do that to a lot of LBs, but this was the Lions....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It didn’t take long for another team to pick up on attacking the middle of our defense. I don’t know what the breakdown looks like, but I would bet majority of big plays have been up the gut or in open spots where the LB’s should’ve been. There is a notable difference in our defensive play all around, but more so in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    It didn’t take long for another team to pick up on attacking the middle of our defense. I don’t know what the breakdown looks like, but I would bet majority of big plays have been up the gut or in open spots where the LB’s should’ve been. There is a notable difference in our defensive play all around, but more so in the middle.
    Maybe start with how three real good DL were out of the game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's the one guy who gives me hope cause when he was here, he looked just as lost as Queen does now. Maybe Queen needs a simpler defense?
    You might be onto something. Wink's defense requires versatility and defenses that require versatility are usually the tougher defenses to learn, because of the varying responsibilities and communication involved. It's why the Ravens have always kept knowledgeable players up the spine of the defense. Gregg or Ngata, Ray, Reed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore