Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

He’s decent at rushing the passer when he’s unblocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    He's terrible but he needs to play. Not going to get better on the bench. If he doesn't improve you consider other options in the offseason.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Yup, I don't think they have any choice but to keep playing him and hope he gets better...but next year, they should sign a moderately priced solid ILB vet.

I remember being pissed and confused as to why Queen was staying out there in the preseason games into the second halves when all the starters were being pulled after the first quarter. I think we are seeing why.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

3. Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

And replaced by who?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrule20 View Post
    He's always lost in coverage , can't tackle ,etc..... !! What does he do well ?? I can't think of anything !
    blitz lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    And replaced by who?

Chris Board or Josh Bynes

6. Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    Board was lost on a lot of plays also.

LOL
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Board is TERRIBLE. He'd be worse than Queen.

Bynes would be the guy as at least you can say he's somewhat close to being average and his experience and IQ can make up for physical limations.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Queen has speed you simply cannot bench. It's his 2nd year. He's still learning the speed of the game. Tackling is definitely an issue but those fundamentals can be corrected.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Queen has speed you simply cannot bench. It's his 2nd year. He's still learning the speed of the game. Tackling is definitely an issue but those fundamentals can be corrected.
    I get it, but bringing up speed when you can't do the fundamentals of your position is akin to being bullish on a WR that runs a 4.3 but can't catch or get open consistently. He sucks at tackling, taking on the needed physicality of his position and looks clueless in pass coverage, both reacting late when he is in man and having no clue as to what is happening around him in zone.

He's bad. Maybe he gets better. I certainly hope so. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any growth over the past season.

Yes. Queen has had enough chances to fail and he's proved he can do it. They should give Board, Bynes or Welch a chance. Maybe they'll do better and, if not, it's unlikely that they'll do much worse

90/% of tackling is want to.