Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    yikes, just listened to that podcast and Ken and his guest Gabe absolutely posterized Queen. Can’t feel too good about Queens prospects after listening to that, especially if you trust Ken’s analysis as I typically do.
    They aren't wrong.

Right now he is the ILB version of Breshad Perriman.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This is just going too far. A 4th or 5th for Queen? I know he’s playing poorly right now but come on bro.
    It's not that Queen is playing poorly now, it's that he's played poorly ever since he came into the league and shows no sign of improving.

Maybe I'm going too far but he seems like he's on the Matt Elam track rather than the Ryan Jensen track. We could have got something for Elam early in his second year. By the end of it we couldn't have got a conditional 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Christ, people! We are 2-1 after beating the Chiefs with an longer IR list than players you can put into a PS. Take the wins, hope for the best and get used to the fact that it's going to be ugly more often than not.
    The post wasn't about the Ravens in general: I'm loving that we're finding ways to win. It was about whether Queen is earning his playing time.

Guys that 'Play like a Raven' do not possess the traits of Lack of Effort and Lack of Preparation.

Blog Entries

But hey, he changed his number so he is a step closer to a gold jacket...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If any DC is smart they will.

The play there is so inferior compared to the rest of the defensive units any coach that doesn't attack there is an idiot.
    JINX! You owe me a soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You are right, I should have noted that Mosely was the one exception. He was really fucking good and underrated here IMHO. Not an all pro, but definitely consistent pro bowl level guy when he was here.
    Apart from drafting - In between Ray and Mosley, we had two solid years from Daryl Smith. Ozzie got Smith in FA, and I expect EDC would be willing to spend a mid-level pick to get a quality vet. Incompetence at ILB is not something the Ravens tolerate for any length of time.

You don't need to be great in every sector to win champsionships: The 1958-1959 Colts had a great front four and an excellent secondary, but the linebackers (4-3 base) were mediocre.

All we have to do is get our ILBs up from terrible to mediocre/(average).

(I would not trade Queen - everybody can see his troubles, so he would not bring much. He is only 22; let him backup for now and see if he gets stronger and "gets it" by next year.)
    Last edited by rhapsody; 09-28-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Apart from drafting - In between Ray and Mosley, we had two solid years from Daryl Smith. Ozzie got Smith in FA, and I expect EDC would be willing to spend a mid-level pick to get a quality vet. Incompetence at ILB is not something the Ravens tolerate for any length of time.

You don't need to be great in every sector to win champsionships: The 1958-1959 Colts had a great front four and an excellent secondary, but the linebackers (4-3 base) were mediocre.

All we have to do is get our ILBs up from terrible to mediocre/(average).

(I would not trade Queen - everybody can see his troubles, so he would not bring much. He is only 22; let him backup for now and see if he gets stronger and "gets it" by next year.)
    Who would be on your list to trade for Rhap? I’m guessing target an 0-4 team after this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to "she"..... I was the first one to call him soft and I think maybe I was onto something

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Jamie Collins is on the trade block, I dont know that whole situation or what he offers currently.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Who would be on your list to trade for Rhap? I’m guessing target an 0-4 team after this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, some NFC team which knows that it stinks and needs to rebuild. It would not value a 30-31 year who is pretty decent now but won't be so useful by the time it aims to get competitive again. That's the thought process which led to the Giants letting Zeitler hit the road.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Jamie Collins is on the trade block, I dont know that whole situation or what he offers currently.
    AFAIK, Collins has the reputation of a free lancer who likes to do his own thing. I doubt Wink would want to deal with him.

(AFCCG, January 2013)