Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Since daryl smith left we have not had a good job in the lbs, there are a lot of games that have shown it to us.
    It is not something that comes with Ryan, maybe it has to do with the fact that Monachino is no longer there, or that there is not so much quality in the position.

desde que se fue daryl smith no hemos tenido buen trabajo en los lbs, hay monton de partidos que nos lo han demostrado.
    no es algo que venga con Ryan, quizas tenga que ver con que no está más Monachino, o que no hay tanta calidad en el puesto

Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Seems like you missed the point.

Who was out there in the second half of the Lions game getting run over? Queen.

So what's the difference between him and a DB vs. the run? There isn't one. At least a DB gives you better pass coverage.
    The difference is the weight. Queen might get better at tackling and taking on blocks, but a safety will have a flaw that even the buffet line can’t fix. Queen has the speed to be effective in the passing game, also, if he ever starts to grasp NFL passing concepts.

Blog Entries

blaming Ryan is silly IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

We just want the Saints Preseason game PQ.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Yeah, he's kinda lost out there right now.
    I don't know about benching him right now....but maybe let someone else play the MIKE and he can be the weakside ILB?

But he's gotta get it together and quick like
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    If Queen's pro comp is Darron Lee or our own Arthur Brown, the Ravens have to be honest with themselves about it. If there is no improvement by the end of the Bengals game on Oct 24, they should spend a mid-round pick and get the best rendition of Daryl Smith they can before the Nov 2 trade deadline. That way, the new guy gets two weeks over the bye to get worked in.

That gives Queen four weeks to show progress, or not. He hasn't earned more time, IMO. If he hasn't improved markedly, then he can be a backup and STer for the rest of 2021 while he thinks about what an nfl lb should be able to do.
    I think that timeline is perfect. 4 weeks to get his shit together or else they get a replacement and PQ then has a very limited role like Peanut in 2019 after getting benched.

Ravens cannot sacrifice this season allowing an immense deficiency destroy the defense. It is Matt Elam all over again with them being forced to play him since he is a 1st round pick.

Bynes got called up so I think Queen is on thin ice. Wonder if they move him to Will and let Bynes take the Mike role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    blaming Ryan is silly IMO
    Yeah, I don't think he's a great coach either...I can place some blame probably on him not improving, but Queen didn't get worse...he was this bad last year but Fort and the rest of a pretty healthy rested defense helped hide shortcomings.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    He had 5,000 live game reps while Queen has maybe 500-600 total. Give him two years to see what he can learn because he has speed you can not coach and the NFL is done with 250-260 prototype MLB like Ray was in his prime.
    I'm fine with giving him two years to learn the position as long as they're spent on the practice field and not in the middle of the Ravens defense.

My preferred option would be to trade Queen now to a team who were high on him pre-draft. I don't think he's going to have any value at all by the end of this season so I'd take a 4th or 5th now before the whole league finds that out. Maybe I'm too low on him but, other than unblocked blitzes, I haven't seen anything from him.

10. Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

queen is a first round, he does not have the 2 years to learn the position that they ask for.
    He's not elam either or a bust, just maybe like in our history with the linebackers, hopes were placed very high on him.

Quiet as kept, since developing Bart Scott, we've been pretty poor in drafting ILB's for a good while now.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Quiet as kept, since developing Bart Scott, we've been pretty poor in drafting ILB's for a good while now.
    It’s partially us but the ILB position is dreadful across the league. It’s really hard to find guys who can be 3 down linebackers effective against 2021 offenses and as a result there are like 3 good ones in the league and everyone else is pretty bad.