Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Watching some replays of the game. On a long sideline run by swift bowser and queen both look like hot garbage. Neither player opens their arms and swift runs right through them.

Without a doubt this is the worst the LB group this team has ever had.

Ray Lewis needs to train this group to try and teach them how to tackle.

Not sure if I’ve ever seen tackling this bad on team level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Patrick Queen needs to be benched

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Queen tackles like Matt Elam. He jumps toward the ball carrier and leans in with a shoulder, bounces off ineffectively, and completely fails to wrap up. Often he barely even slows the guy down. His technique is terrible.
    I was never huge CJ Mosley fan because he sucked in coverage but he looks like all pro compared to queen last few games.

Queen looked like he was improving in pre season but last game he was terrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He needs a big thumper beside him, IMO. They should see what Benardrick McKinley wants.

Malik Harrison is a big thumper. He actually needs the bench, but unfortunately there’s no one to replace him. Honestly a trade before the league for sure figured him out would be best but highly unlikely at this point. Or maybe he just needs another off-season and training camp as everyone told me all year last year when I expressed my frustrations with how poor he’d looked all year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I suppose I'm one of very few who still have confidence that Queen will rise to the occasion.

Perhaps I have more patience than many (?)

Let's see what he will look like when Thanksgiving rolls around... Bc
    Appreciate your positivity Bc and I hope you’re right but all I can work off of is what I’ve seen on the field through 19 games and so far he looks like this teams biggest defensive bust since Matt Elam. sure hope I’m wrong but this is a fast moving league and Queen is running out of time quick, opposing teams are figuring out they can abuse him and unless he figures out how to stop that right away his confidence will be so shot that I don’t think he’ll ever recover.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I was never huge CJ Mosley fan because he sucked in coverage but he looks like all pro compared to queen last few games.

Queen looked like he was improving in pre season but last game he was terrible

In today's NFL it is very, very hard to find an inside LB that is actually good in coverage. CJ Mosley was above average for his position. Teams are starting to use converted safeties as LB and we have the invention of the nameless (as far as I know) S/LB hybrid. People are playing dime more and more as well. This is mainly a reaction to the evolution of the TE into a matchup nightmare in the receiving game, and 4-5 WR concepts are also evolved into something a lot more complex than the old Run & Shoot.

But yes, Mosley was better than Queen is now.

The “CJ Mosley sucks in coverage” thing was always so overblown on this board and it is even more evident when you watch Queen who is showing us what it means to truly suck in coverage, as opposed to Mosley who was just OK.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The “CJ Mosley sucks in coverage” thing was always so overblown on this board and it is even more evident when you watch Queen who is showing us what it means to truly suck in coverage, as opposed to Mosley who was just OK.
    I think he was better than OK in coverage, for an ILB. The issue was that he was out there every down as the green dot player, that meant on3rd downs he was the weak link in coverage compared to all the DBs and QBs knew it. What made it worse was the awful pass rush in the Pees years gave the QB all day to wait until the RB or TE eventually beat Moseley in coverage for a new set of downs.

A lot of Ravens fans blamed Moseley for that but it wasn't usually his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Appreciate your positivity Bc and I hope you’re right but all I can work off of is what I’ve seen on the field through 19 games and so far he looks like this teams biggest defensive bust since Matt Elam. sure hope I’m wrong but this is a fast moving league and Queen is running out of time quick, opposing teams are figuring out they can abuse him and unless he figures out how to stop that right away his confidence will be so shot that I don’t think he’ll ever recover.
    He is Patrick Elam.

On the latest Filmstudy podcast they spent almost 40 mins on Queen and neither one found a single positive thing to say about him.

The guest made a good point. They can't they watch Queen film in the linebacker meetings and say that's acceptable for the Ravens and so how can they justify starting him ahead of players who haven't put that crap on tape? It undermines everything you're trying to teach and demand from the other ILBs.

To me, that seems an unanswerable case for dropping him, no matter the draft capital or the low ceiling of the backups. They can't send the message to the rest of the roster that Queen's lack of courage and effort is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Agreed.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If Queen's pro comp is Darron Lee or our own Arthur Brown, the Ravens have to be honest with themselves about it. If there is no improvement by the end of the Bengals game on Oct 24, they should spend a mid-round pick and get the best rendition of Daryl Smith they can before the Nov 2 trade deadline. That way, the new guy gets two weeks over the bye to get worked in.

That gives Queen four weeks to show progress, or not. He hasn't earned more time, IMO. If he hasn't improved markedly, then he can be a backup and STer for the rest of 2021 while he thinks about what an nfl lb should be able to do.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    If Queen's pro comp is Darron Lee or our own Arthur Brown, the Ravens have to be honest with themselves about it. If there is no improvement by the end of the Bengals game on Oct 24, they should spend a mid-round pick and get the best rendition of Daryl Smith they can before the Nov 2 trade deadline. That way, the new guy gets two weeks over the bye to get worked in.

That gives Queen four weeks to show progress, or not. He hasn't earned more time, IMO. If he hasn't improved markedly, then he can be a backup and STer for the rest of 2021 while he thinks about what an nfl lb should be able to do.
    That's another question I have - why doesn't he play special teams? A fast linebacker should be a ST coach's dream.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Watching some replays of the game. On a long sideline run by swift bowser and queen both look like hot garbage. Neither player opens their arms and swift runs right through them.

Without a doubt this is the worst the LB group this team has ever had.

Ray Lewis needs to train this group to try and teach them how to tackle.

Not sure if I’ve ever seen tackling this bad on team level

Rewatched the game and saw this several times. What is the deal with not using his arms? Tough to tackle without them...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!