Torrey Smith car broken into

So the legendary Torrey Smith had his car broken into last night and his aunts was stolen. Torrey posted on Twitter that people should be thankful the person was quiet because the neighbors would have thought it was 4th of July.

Now I’m all for someone protecting their house, family, belongings and so have you but my question is wasn’t Torrey a massive supporter of a guy named George Floyd? He was so upset and distraught that this man was killed by police cause he believed Floyd deserved his day in court.

So Torrey is such a good citizen and all but wouldn’t he call the police and do the right thing? Wouldn’t he want this guy to have a second chance at life after making a mistake? How would Torrey feel being in jail for 20-30 years over a car? I mean it’s the same thing. But somehow I can’t get Torrey to respond and tell me why this situation is different.

Re: Torrey Smith car broken into

Hey it's cognitive dissonance again!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    So the legendary Torrey Smith had his car broken into last night and his aunts was stolen. Torrey posted on Twitter that people should be thankful the person was quiet because the neighbors would have thought it was 4th of July.

Now I’m all for someone protecting their house, family, belongings and so have you but my question is wasn’t Torrey a massive supporter of a guy named George Floyd? He was so upset and distraught that this man was killed by police cause he believed Floyd deserved his day in court.

So Torrey is such a good citizen and all but wouldn’t he call the police and do the right thing? Wouldn’t he want this guy to have a second chance at life after making a mistake? How would Torrey feel being in jail for 20-30 years over a car? I mean it’s the same thing. But somehow I can’t get Torrey to respond and tell me why this situation is different.
    Yeah if the thief ain't in your house or trying to get in the house it ain't self defense or stand your ground/ castle doctrine

Ha ha. Just tweet back "It's only a property crime".

5. Re: Torrey Smith car broken into

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Hey it's cognitive dissonance again!
    There may be a bit of dissonance going on there, but I'm not sure of how much cognition is goin' down.

I just don’t get the mind set here. Like how can he, who has an excellent college education just choose to be ignorant about his stance in all this. I know Torrey said all the right things and was a massive fan favorite but his social media has shown who he really is and that’s a racist jack ass. Him and Judon are two of the least favorite I’ve ever had to root for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don’t get the mind set here. Like how can he, who has an excellent college education just choose to be ignorant about his stance in all this. I know Torrey said all the right things and was a massive fan favorite but his social media has shown who he really is and that’s a racist jack ass. Him and Judon are two of the least favorite I’ve ever had to root for.

People can be easily manipulated by their biases. Everybody has blind spots. I'm sure being a victim of a crime might be triggering some of the dissonance mentioned above.

Maybe having been a victim he'll be better able to see crime not a black white issue but strictly a criminal victim issue.

The indoctrination and brainwashing is pretty hard to counter, especially when you are in the public eye and surrounded by like minded people. The echo chamber just reinforces the brainwashing. It's a vicious cycle.

Look at those that have been red pilled. Something profound and personal has to happen to them to wake them up like what happened with Nicki Minaj or Rose McGowan.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

You are trying to understand the mindset of a liberal. They typically don’t have to answer to the decisions they make based on the wind. He probably thinks cops should only protect his stuff, but let all other criminals continue doing other crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You are trying to understand the mindset of a liberal. They typically don’t have to answer to the decisions they make based on the wind. He probably thinks cops should only protect his stuff, but let all other criminals continue doing other crimes.
    I just think he’s a racist jack ass. His social media proves that.

There's the problem.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock