Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unsung hero / play of the game

There were many plays that stood out that significantly impacted the game against the Chiefs. It can be argued that Anthony Averette's pass deflection on a 3rd and 9 early in the 4th against Tyreek Hill was one of if not the biggest play of the game. It also says a lot about Averette's growth as a corner and the confidence the coaching staff has in him. We've seen those plays not go our way in the past against the Chiefs. Especially with Tyreek Hill on the receiving side.

LINK TO PLAY BELOW

https://twitter.com/ReportDb/status/...851889665?s=19

Blog Entries

Re: Unsung hero / play of the game

The team has some real talent on cheap contracts, and that's even with all the injuries. We will be even better when we get some of that talent back playing this season.

As someone else called it, Peters injury will make it very hard to keep Averett if he keeps it up. Of course I hope he keeps balling, maybe we will have to settle for a 3rd round comp pick when it's all said and done.

Rewatching the game (for the third time). Two huge plays that I didn’t really give credit until I watched it back. The Nick Moore hold on the punt that would of easily of been blocked and probably put KC up 18 at the end of the 3rd. The next play after the punt, Madibuke blew up the 1st and 10 play in the backfield. There are probably 20 more plays that you could bring up but those really stood out to me

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post
    Rewatching the game (for the third time). Two huge plays that I didn’t really give credit until I watched it back. The Nick Moore hold on the punt that would of easily of been blocked and probably put KC up 18 at the end of the 3rd. The next play after the punt, Madibuke blew up the 1st and 10 play in the backfield. There are probably 20 more plays that you could bring up but those really stood out to me
    Koch's punts have almost been blocked a few times already. It's concerning.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    As someone else called it, Peters injury will make it very hard to keep Averett if he keeps it up. Of course I hope he keeps balling, maybe we will have to settle for a 3rd round comp pick when it's all said and done.
    The Ravens will probably have to make a choice between keeping Peters and signing Averett. The injury makes that even murkier.

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post
    Yes, good choice for unsung play of the game! Sometimes a penalty is a good play

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The team has some real talent on cheap contracts, and that's even with all the injuries. We will be even better when we get some of that talent back playing this season.
    Yep, but a lot of them won't be cheap for long. Averett and Bozeman are getting more expensive by the week.
    "Chin up, chest out."

we better resign Bozeman man....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

That ball seemed to float in the air forever then DD saved us
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

11. Re: Unsung hero / play of the game

The game was so close that there are going to be a bunch of these. You'll get no disagreement from me on the Averett PD, the Moore hold, or the Duvernay recovery TD (imagine if they start the game with a pick-six, march all the way down the field, then fumble and lose it on the 1!).

Some others:
    • (Q2, 00:40) 1st&25 T.Williams right end to BLT 41 for 20 yards (led to FG before half)
    • (Q3, 10:05) 2nd&24 L.Jackson pass short left to M.Andrews pushed ob at KC 42 for 20 yards (immediately preceded Hollywood TD)
    • (Q3, 10:05) 1st&goal L.Jackson up the middle to KC 4 for -1 yards (Lamar handled a bad snap, 2 plays before go-ahead TD)
    • (Q3, 03:14) 1st&10 Da.Williams up the middle to KC 46 for -5 yards (J.Madubuike) (Chiefs pulled two OL left, blew Oweh off the line, Williams is getting a lot of yards if Mad doesn't attack too fast for C.Humphrey to block)
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Patrick Mekhari