Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Zeitler with the key block

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Ricard whiffed on two guys on that play. Luckily Lamar was smart enough to no and try and take it outside and instead followed behind Zietler's pull. Smart knowing he only needed one yard on the play
    He made contact but did not effectively block either of them. I would venture to guess though that Lamar could have beat #49(Sorensen?) out to the edge to pick up the yards needed. There was a ton off daylight beyond him and the wr on the left side had drawn his man inside to the scrum.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Well, I have for playoff games.

The radio/internet and TV are always out of sync. I’ve tried that.

I get frustrated with the national TV network announcers who rarely do their homework. Or are slobbering over the Big Ben’s of the world…..
    It's also wild how big a delay there can be between the TV feeds depending on your provider. My friend and I were both watching the Penn State - Wisconsin game a couple weeks ago and my feed from the antenna was a good ten seconds ahead of his from Fox Now.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

the mangod Lamar Jackson doing what he does tbqh

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Well, I have for playoff games.

The radio/internet and TV are always out of sync. I’ve tried that.

I get frustrated with the national TV network announcers who rarely do their homework. Or are slobbering over the Big Ben’s of the world…..
    I don't think I could stomach listening to Sandusky. He's so damn corny and wrong half the time.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Bozeman got a high grade from the KC game. I think this is going to be a career year for Bozeman at C in his contract year. Reminds of when Ryan Jensen put it all together in his contract year as a C. Will be interesting to see if we can keep Bozeman next year. We just let Jensen walk back in 2017.

The decision to go for it made perfect sense. Harbaugh needed reassurance from Lamar on the call and that was smart.

Nevertheless, it was the EXECUTION (perfect coordination between the blocking and Lamar’s running) that backed up the decision.

IMHO if we had punted, even with no timeouts, Mahomes would have gotten the Chiefs back into field goal range. Our pass defense more than demonstrated they couldn’t stop him.

CCx
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 09-22-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I don't think I could stomach listening to Sandusky. He's so damn corny and wrong half the time.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    He is wrong a lot on yard line, time remaining. Heaven would be Kevin Harlan calling every game. I miss Stan White

I will have to try the DVR route sometime. Thanks for idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    The decision to go for it made perfect sense. Harbaugh needed reassurance from Lamar on the call and that was smart.

Nevertheless, it was the EXECUTION (perfect coordination between the blocking and Lamar’s running) that backed up the decision.

IMHO if we had punted, even with no timeouts, Mahomes would have gotten the Chiefs back into field goal range. Our pass defense more than demonstrated they couldn’t stop him.

CCx
    It was also pretty smart that they snapped it quick before the Chiefs could get their defense completely set and anchored.
    As far as punting, the Chiefs came dangerously close to blocking a couple during the game and they have some seriously sick speed that they can put out there for a return. Going for it to seal the game was the best tactical decision as well as the best psychological one for the team.

Blog Entries

Filmstudy grades the Oline from that game: https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/o...2-2021-chiefs/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Filmstudy grades the Oline from that game: https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/o...2-2021-chiefs/
    Greg Roman did a lot to change his game plan/packages to fit the players available. In particular:

He used additional inline blockers to help his tackles
    Those included 2 non-goal-line plays with 14 personnel and 1.82 (FB/TE/OL6) per play
    He called 15 set and 7 chip blocks among 26 pass plays (excludes the spike)

It was a quick and effective refit that played well to both the Chiefs strengths and weaknesses. By having a weakness at tackle, the Ravens became a more efficient run team and may have drawn up the blueprint for the 2021 season.
    For the people who think GRo does nothing but stick to his game plan. It's unconventional, but he tweaks it a lot.