Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: GRos and Wink's game plan vs KC

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I am not sure, but also seems like not much they can do with some of the personnel packages they put out there. There was some discussion of the predictability of this offense a week or two ago. When they run Tomlinson out there with Ricard and sometimes TCC, you know what they are going to do 9 times out of 10. Not many pass options for Lamar to check to when there with 1 WR (sometimes not even that) and 1 (or 2 if Oliver instead of WR) pass catching TE out there.
    maybe it's that simple and will evolve as these guys get the playbook down. Not complaining, just an observation

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Proud of wink. Y’all know he was just itching to blitz all game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Proud of wink. Y’all know he was just itching to blitz all game.
    They took Hill completely out of the game - thing of beauty

4. Re: GRos and Wink's game plan vs KC

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I am not sure, but also seems like not much they can do with some of the personnel packages they put out there. There was some discussion of the predictability of this offense a week or two ago. When they run Tomlinson out there with Ricard and sometimes TCC, you know what they are going to do 9 times out of 10. Not many pass options for Lamar to check to when there with 1 WR (sometimes not even that) and 1 (or 2 if Oliver instead of WR) pass catching TE out there.
    Yup.
    • Colon: 9 snaps, 8 runs
    • Tomlinson: 11 snaps, 9 runs

Ricard is filling in for Boyle, so his numbers are more balanced: 45 snaps, 28 runs. I expect that to change when Boyle comes back (Ricard has typically been one of the biggest indicators of run in GRo's offense.

That said, I think it's also intentional on Roman's part. He's said before that you have to be able to break a tendency, you have to have one first. Some of their best PA passes in the last two years have come in 22 personnel (the deep shot to Brown in the season opener vs CLE last year immediately came to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    One thing I noticed last night was how often the play clock was low before we even got to the LoS. Maybe there was an emphasis on taking maximum time off the clock, but it wasn't like they got to the line and then let the clock run down. On most plays Lamar didn't have time to check to anything if he wanted to.
    I think that's just GRo things rather than an intentional effort. He is sometimes painfully slow to get the playcall in. Cost the Ravens a timeout in H2 last night (although in his defense, there may have been other communication issues going on there).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Martindale, who was widely criticized following the Raiders’ loss for blitzing too much, curbed his normal aggressive ways and showed Mahomes myriad different looks, very few of them involving blitzes. Several Chiefs acknowledged later that the Ravens surprised them with their defensive philosophy.

Ravens offense had six scoring drives
    and two interceptions
    I think punted twice?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    and two interceptions
    I think punted twice?
    I have no problem with GRo calling the passing plays, it’s one of the reasons the Ravens are able to run as well as they did because of the threats to pass. His schemes didn’t call for Lamar to throw into 3x coverage. It will only get better.

8. Re: GRos and Wink's game plan vs KC

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    and two interceptions
    I think punted twice?
    Correct

Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

The Ravens had a good game plan on both sides, faced one of the best teams in the NFL and beat them. Kudos.

They won't play another offense like the Raiders (yes) or Chiefs until... Im'ma say the Browns week 11. Maybe the Chargers week 5, but they don't look as explosive.