Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Career-Changing Game for Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Ha! Cmon man know your audience. I've been the biggest pro Lamar fan ever since the night we drafted him. No doubt in my mind in his special ability. I'm saying it's silly to say he'll never flourish as a pocket passer. Silly.
    You are so right. They can have a Scott Mitchell or Drew Bledsoe that can throw outside so they can finally be happy. They could never do what Lamar did last night. Lamar NEVER has to throw outside or anywhere else to prove he’s another cookie cutter QB. Just be Lamar, not Mitchell or Bledsoe.
    I don’t want to hear “Lamar needs to take the next step” BS.

Lamar is original and unique.

Huntley is the closest clone of the Lamar genome - and the Ravens have him also.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Please accept Lamar as Lamar and stop the bitching and need for him to throw here and there, inside and outside. He’s not what the NFL has preordained a QB to be. Accept that.
    This wasn’t a defining game for him. It was Lamar being Lamar. He has and is developing a resume, I think, when all is said and done, one that will redefine not only QB’s, but the traditional way QB’s are viewed and coached. Sunday was just one of many Lamar moments.
    I think there is a bit of a false choice implied here (maybe accidentally). It is possible to see that Lamar is unique, and at the same time to believe that to win it all, he needs to hone his craft. (and he seems to be doing that)

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ks/8416464002/

"But Jackson, in a display of leadership, gathered his defensive teammates on the sideline and told them he needed a turnover. Sure enough, Baltimore’s defenders responded as rookie linebacker Odafe Oweh forced Kansas City running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire to fumble just as his team had entered field goal range."

Enough said!
    Love that!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Ed, did the 2 perfect games during his MVP season not count towards "the game when Lamar puts it all together. A game where's he sharp and consistent from the start to the end"? What's different about THIS season that he needs to do it again for it to be career changing? Is it possible Lamar already checked the boxes, he just did it too early and while the masses were still questioning if it was real or sustainable?
    This is a very odd response to my post.
    First, lol, it paints me as a Lamar hater....which is hilarious.
    And, all the questions in your post above seem rhetorical.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

"Haters gonna hate."

It won't matter if Lamar wins a Super Bowl, certain people still aren't gonna believe in him. It'll be "oh, the defense carried him!" like Joe in the 2012 playoffs, or "his receivers bailed him out!" or "he didn't have to face [insert really good team]!"

Keep on hatin', because Lamar does not give a fuck.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    This is a very odd response to my post.
    First, lol, it paints me as a Lamar hater....which is hilarious.
    And, all the questions in your post above seem rhetorical.
    Honestly ED, I was confused by your post. Lamar has 2 perfect passer rating games already, which essentially means he satisfied your desire to see him put it all together and be sharp and consistent from start to finish. But you said "this season". My question was why does it have to be this season?
    I don't by any means believe you to be a "hater" whatever the hell that means on here these days.

Lastly, my questions are not meant to be rhetorical. Lamar Jackson has done pretty much everything a "great QB" in the NFL does already. All that is missing at this point from his resume is a SB win and longevity. If he never improved on anything about his game going forward(which I believe he will) and finished the next 4 to 6 seasons with similar stats to last year, he will go to the HOF as the greatest dual threat QB that has ever played the game. I think he has room for improvement and that as he matures certain aspects of his game will in fact get better.

I think it's possible that he has accomplished so many things so early, that they are not fully comprehended or appreciated by some fans.

Blog Entries

Honestly ED, I was confused by your post. Lamar has 2 perfect passer rating games already, which essentially means he satisfied your desire to see him put it all together and be sharp and consistent from start to finish. But you said "this season". My question was why does it have to be this season?
    I don't see what is confusing at all about my post.
    I responded to the OP's idea that the KC game was a "career-changing" game for Lamar. The OP dealt with the present, and my response deals with the present. I explained my parameters for what a "career changing" game for Lamar would consist of. The OP wasn't asking whether Lamar had any career changing games in the past, which would be an entirely different question.

I don't by any means believe you to be a "hater" whatever the hell that means on here these days.
    Your post sure came off to me that you were trying to paint me as "doubter" or a "yeah but" when it comes to Lamar. Which, again is hilarious to anyone that even remotely knows me on this forum.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

I don't see what is confusing at all about my post.
    I responded to the OP's idea that the KC game was a "career-changing" game for Lamar. The OP dealt with the present, and my response deals with the present. I explained my parameters for what a "career changing" game for Lamar would consist of. The OP wasn't asking whether Lamar had any career changing games in the past, which would be an entirely different question.

Your post sure came off to me that you were trying to paint me as "doubter" or a "yeah but" when it comes to Lamar. Which, again is hilarious to anyone that even remotely knows me on this forum.
    No need to invoke reputation perception on the board. I simply asked you specifically why this season is somehow different from his MVP season. I could venture a guess as to what you were getting at, but I figured it would be easier to just ask you directly so I didn't get it wrong.

To recap, you wrote:

Great win! No doubt! From a perception stand point I think it was career-changing game. BUT for me i'm looking for the game when Lamar puts it all together. A game where's he sharp and consistent from the start to the end. When Lamar has that game this year that imho will be the career-changing game.

To which I asked:

Ed, did the 2 perfect games during his MVP season not count towards "the game when Lamar puts it all together. A game where's he sharp and consistent from the start to the end"? What's different about THIS season that he needs to do it again for it to be career changing?

I simply don't understand why a perfect game during this season would be career changing as opposed to the previous 2 perfect games he already has. Why do you feel it means more this year? Believe it or not, it's an honest question. The "yeah buts" and the "goalpost moving" where a response to the other poster I quoted in my response. However, if your parameters for a career changing game is basically a perfect passer rating game, and he already had that...that doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe I'm hung up on that...maybe that's not what you meant....maybe putting it all together from start to finish in a game means something else to you. I was just curious as to what that is.

As long as we have a stellar OL ,Lamar will be unstoppable.

Blog Entries

No need to invoke reputation perception on the board. I simply asked you specifically why this season is somehow different from his MVP season. I could venture a guess as to what you were getting at, but I figured it would be easier to just ask you directly so I didn't get it wrong.

To recap, you wrote:

To which I asked:

Ed, did the 2 perfect games during his MVP season not count towards "the game when Lamar puts it all together. A game where's he sharp and consistent from the start to the end"? What's different about THIS season that he needs to do it again for it to be career changing?

I simply don't understand why a perfect game during this season would be career changing as opposed to the previous 2 perfect games he already has. Why do you feel it means more this year? Believe it or not, it's an honest question. The "yeah buts" and the "goalpost moving" where a response to the other poster I quoted in my response. However, if your parameters for a career changing game is basically a perfect passer rating game, and he already had that...that doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe I'm hung up on that...maybe that's not what you meant....maybe putting it all together from start to finish in a game means something else to you. I was just curious as to what that is.
    I responded to the OP's idea that the KC game was a "career-changing" game for Lamar. The OP dealt with the present, and my response deals with the present.

I explained my parameters for what a "career changing" game for Lamar would consist of.

The OP wasn't asking whether Lamar had any career changing games in the past, which would be an entirely different question.

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    As long as we have a stellar OL ,Lamar will be unstoppable.
    I agree. However, I see it a bit differently: As long as Lamar is unstoppable, we will have a stellar OL.

The Oline in 2018 was mediocre, the running game was nothing special, and Flacco was 4-5 when he got hurt. Lamar finished 6-1 with that same line.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)