Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Takeaways Chiefs game

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The biggest takeaway of the game for me is let Lamar be Lamar. No more of this pocket passer nonsense. He is the most exciting player in the league (yes, over Mahomes, I said it) for who he is, not for whom some want him to be.
    But he is a pocket passer

Blog Entries

Regarding the defense, I think they played exactly as bad as we felt they did through 3 quarters and then at that point they absolutely did everything they had to do for the team to pull out the W. Mahomes has never thrown an INT in September before today. And then that clutch FF! ODAFE was the main guy behind both the fumble and interception, which has me really excited about what he can be. I mean I was excited about the game he was playing BEFORE he did all that. What a player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Reminded me in many ways of the home Jax game in 2000.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Good call. Well, I just hope they don't go five weeks without scoring a TD, but I do hope the end result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    20 response and little mention of Hollywood. The Ravens WR curse is over. He's good.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I was 100% wrong about him. He's a baller and has been in some of the biggest games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    20 response and little mention of Hollywood. The Ravens WR curse is over. He's good.

Ive posted in the game thread and around the board, before Lamar went super man, that the brightest parts of the season so far had been the play of Hollywood and Oweh. Hollywood seems to have taken that next step. That said, we’ve seem him come hot out of the gate before and then disappear, hopefully this is his true coming out party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Just finished watching the highlights from the game. He was throwing darts right on target. I think we just forget throughout a 4 qtr game about passes that weren’t high impact throughout the game.

I was actually agreeing with you as far as his reads need to get better.

After watching the replay his only sack was a free blitzed right up the middle and there was no way he was getting that ball out.
    I'm probably living on some recency bias with what I saw late in the game. I'll o back and watch as well and perhaps amend my statement.

Blog Entries

The cool thing about the Ravens right now is they are almost always going to have the best player on the field and that gives them a chance in every game despite the injuries. I clearly underestimated how brilliant Lamar is. Some of those runs tonight where he just juked his way up the middle were insane! You couldn't even do that in Madden.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Ive posted in the game thread and around the board, before Lamar went super man, that the brightest parts of the season so far had been the play of Hollywood and Oweh. Hollywood seems to have taken that next step. That said, we’ve seem him come hot out of the gate before and then disappear, hopefully this is his true coming out party.
    I see it as a continuation of how he finished last year hot. You're right though we'll have to see how he does the rest of the year but I have high hopes. If they get something out of Bateman come October I think this WR trio is going to be pretty formidable.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

if the tackling isn't atrocious, the entire defensive plan seems even smarter.; nothing the best laid plans can do if your team doesn't execute them. That being said, the defense was clutch and timely, and how many times have we not been able to say that in recent years?

Biggest takeaway is that even with injuries, this team can beat anyone, including in situations where we are down. That confidence has to be huge. We're going to be snake bitten, but so long as we have 8, we'll be in every game. It's that simple. Doesn't make us the favorites in every game, or a strong Super Bowl contender, but we're in that damn conversation, every year. That's the value of Lamar; he gets you in that conversation every year.

Other thoughts; Imagine this offense with Boyle and Bateman? That's some scary shit. I think we potentially blow this KC team out with a healthy Dobbins/Edwards. Oweh is a stud, we have one man. AA played great, and Tavon wasn't getting victimized as much. Hope Elliot is okay, quietly one of the players we can least afford to lose on the defense, mostly for his probably being our best tackler. If Queen becomes even an average finisher, we will have a top 10 linebacker. Stephens missed some tackles, as did everyone this game, but he also didn't get victimized, and with Mahomes/Reid, this means it wasn't for lack of trying. Kid held up. When Stanley comes back healthy, leave Vills as the swing tackle and stay with Mekari at RT

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Yes, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    But he is a pocket passer
    Also thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    if the tackling isn't atrocious, the entire defensive plan seems even smarter.; nothing the best laid plans can do if your team doesn't execute them. That being said, the defense was clutch and timely, and how many times have we not been able to say that in recent years?

Biggest takeaway is that even with injuries, this team can beat anyone, including in situations where we are down. That confidence has to be huge. We're going to be snake bitten, but so long as we have 8, we'll be in every game. It's that simple. Doesn't make us the favorites in every game, or a strong Super Bowl contender, but we're in that damn conversation, every year. That's the value of Lamar; he gets you in that conversation every year.

Other thoughts; Imagine this offense with Boyle and Bateman? That's some scary shit. I think we potentially blow this KC team out with a healthy Dobbins/Edwards. Oweh is a stud, we have one man. AA played great, and Tavon wasn't getting victimized as much. Hope Elliot is okay, quietly one of the players we can least afford to lose on the defense, mostly for his probably being our best tackler. If Queen becomes even an average finisher, we will have a top 10 linebacker. Stephens missed some tackles, as did everyone this game, but he also didn't get victimized, and with Mahomes/Reid, this means it wasn't for lack of trying. Kid held up. When Stanley comes back healthy, leave Vills as the swing tackle and stay with Mekari at RT
    The Ravens have 15 players on IR at the moment, but... Bateman, Boykin, Boyle, Stanley, Wolfe, Smith, and I think Westry are all expected back in the next few weeks. B-Will and Elliott may be back next week. There is an influx of talent on the horizon; just have to wait it out.