Re: OL Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    AV is a much better LT than RT
    Switching sides is harder than people understand

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    AV is a much better LT than RT
    I never want to see Big Al on the right side again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I’ll defer to those who break down film, but it looked like Mekari played well at RT. If that continues, it’s huge.
    The fact that his name was never mentioned spoke to how well he played.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Ken McKusick head might be exploding because he plays RT well for a whole game even with short arms lol

Ps - I love Ken but he's obsessed about arm length
    He is.

But if you go back and look at his OL scoring from last year, Ken gave Mekari a high grade for a game at RT. There's precedent here.

Agreed with what's already said, keep Villanueva at LT, play Mekari at RT until/unless it doesn't work, and when Stanley comes back actually healthy this time, just let AV sit for a while and freshen up.

The interior OL looks good w/ Bozeman and Zeitler and at LG it's Powers until Cleveland is ready to take over.

Colon remains backup C and sixth OL for jumbo packages.

They should have an easy matchup against Detroit next week... though the Lions did draft two DL I really like in Levi Onwuzurike and Alim McNeill, there is simply not a lot of firepower in the front seven.

6. Re: OL Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Agreed with what's already said, keep Villanueva at LT, play Mekari at RT until/unless it doesn't work, and when Stanley comes back actually healthy this time, just let AV sit for a while and freshen up.

The interior OL looks good w/ Bozeman and Zeitler and at LG it's Powers until Cleveland is ready to take over.

They should have an easy matchup against Detroit next week... though the Lions did draft two DL I really like in Levi Onwuzurike and Alim McNeill, there is simply not a lot of firepower in the front seven.
    If Villanueva is not starting, I would definitely want to see him as 6th OL and TE, in addition to swing tackle. Even last week, he was very good at run blocking from the right side. And back in college, senior year, he had 34 catches, 522 yards, 5 TDs as WR. It's not easy to find massive TE who is very good at run blocking as a OT, left and right, and also was a proven WR in college. The massive guy like Villanueva is generally moved to full time important position like Left Tackle, which is what happened with Villanueva, but if he's going to be swing tackle, he has amazing versatility for situational 6OL/TE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Makes the most sense but they are paying AV a lot of money to be a starting tackle. Not sure they'll move him to the bench

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    If Villanueva is not starting, I would definitely want to see him as 6th OL and TE, in addition to swing tackle. Even last week, he was very good at run blocking from the right side. And back in college, senior year, he had 34 catches, 522 yards, 5 TDs as WR. It's not easy to find massive TE who is very good at run blocking as a OT, left and right, and also was a proven WR in college. The massive guy like Villanueva is generally moved to full time important position like Left Tackle, which is what happened with Villanueva, but if he's going to be swing tackle, he has amazing versatility for situational 6OL/TE.
    If Stanley is back before Boyle, could be interesting to see if AV could do that role at all.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk