Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 182183184
Results 2,197 to 2,206 of 2206

Re: Game Thread Chiefs @ Ravens SNF 9/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Fuck you.

My wife gets on me all the time about that damn word. Those two damn words. I'm pretty sure you're wrong here.

But, uh, I'm not positive.
    Baldy is definitely right lol

The post in question was a good one though, and I agree Tucker was definitely in Reid’s mind there. You know he wanted to score with zeros on the clock.

If LJ plays a clean game, hits Hollywood for a TD on his first pass this game could have been a bigger win. That KC defense is just bad. Teams who can run the ball well will have a real chance. Having an offense who can score 35 a game is great unless you have a defense who gives up 35 or more to any decent team. Then it sucks.

So when KC had the ball (pre-fumble) and was driving, was anyone else thinking we might consider letting them get a TD rather than avoid seeing Butker lining up for a GW FG with 3 seconds left? At least give our offense a chance to answer with, say, 45 seconds left? Or might whichever KC player we allowed to score be smart enough to slide down inside the 5?

I'm glad those questions didn't have to be answered!

45-50+ FG are not gimmes. I figured we would force them to try a 48-50 yarder with about a minute left on the clock. LJ should be able to move the ball 35-40 yards to setup Tucker for a game winner. KC needed to make a first down to both control the clock and to make the FG a higher percentage kick. As to giving them a td, no not unless they got into the red zone where a FG would be almost automatic.

5. Re: Game Thread Chiefs @ Ravens SNF 9/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    So when KC had the ball (pre-fumble) and was driving, was anyone else thinking we might consider letting them get a TD rather than avoid seeing Butker lining up for a GW FG with 3 seconds left? At least give our offense a chance to answer with, say, 45 seconds left? Or might whichever KC player we allowed to score be smart enough to slide down inside the 5?

I'm glad those questions didn't have to be answered!
    Andy Reid's career clock-management issues notwithstanding, his teams are usually really well-coached. The defense could've parted like the seas for Moses, and I'm pretty sure CEH would've been instructed to take a leisurely jog to the one and take a knee. There's no way we were going to get the ball back unless we forced it back (and thank God, Oweh did just that).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Andy Reid's career clock-management issues notwithstanding, his teams are usually really well-coached. The defense could've parted like the seas for Moses, and I'm pretty sure CEH would've been instructed to take a leisurely jog to the one and take a knee. There's no way we were going to get the ball back unless we forced it back (and thank God, Oweh did just that).
    Andy Reid became the winning Andy Reid as soon as he coached Mahomes. He was always considered a “not bad” 500 avg regular season coach with a reputation for not making it in the playoffs. Mahomes changed that. I’m not hating on Reid, but this new incarnation with Mahomes isn’t the same Andy Reid we all knew in Philly and Pre-Mahomes.

7. Re: Game Thread Chiefs @ Ravens SNF 9/19/21

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Andy Reid became the winning Andy Reid as soon as he coached Mahomes. He was always considered a “not bad” 500 avg regular season coach with a reputation for not making it in the playoffs. Mahomes changed that. I’m not hating on Reid, but this new incarnation with Mahomes isn’t the same Andy Reid we all knew in Philly and Pre-Mahomes.
    Regardless, his teams are usually well-coached. So I wouldn't have expected the Chiefs to fall for the ol' "let 'em score" strategy last night. They simply didn't have to do anything other than get in as close as possible for a chip shot field goal (and take as much time as they wanted in order to do so).

Agreed. It was clear KC was running the game at that point, as I think collinsworth said. They weren't going to give Lamar the ball back

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I don't care about KC. I am just still basking in the warmth of the big W.

Blog Entries

Regardless, his teams are usually well-coached. So I wouldn't have expected the Chiefs to fall for the ol' "let 'em score" strategy last night. They simply didn't have to do anything other than get in as close as possible for a chip shot field goal (and take as much time as they wanted in order to do so).
    Totally