No risk it no biscuit?
    I can live without a biscuit.

Re: Ravens Need to be Ultra Aggressive Against Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I can live without a biscuit.
    I dont want the risk it either tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    ... if you are overmatched and the underdog in situations, you really need to ramp up the variance. ...
    I agree with the general concept, but I disagree on some of the details of how to get there.

going for fourth down
    Agreed.

I think we generally have done this in the past with the Chiefs. I think the Ravens definitely take into account who their opponent is and what the game situation is with the 4th down decisions.

blitzing the ever loving hell on defense
    I'm not sure if this increases the variance of outcomes against the Chiefs or not. I just think they'll beat it too easily too often. We tried this before and the Chiefs O showed up our D big time. I don't think this strategy will necessarily increase sacks or INTs. I do think it increases the expected value of points per drive for the Chiefs.

We easily led the league in forced fumbles last year. If you want to increase the variance of drive outcomes, keep them in front of us and make them run a lot of plays per drive. i think that creates more opportunities for turnovers than blitzing will.

digging as deep into the playbook as possible
    Agreed.

I hope we have a few tricks up their sleeve. I imagine we do. When you play a game like this in week 2, I think you circle it and use some of your offseason training to cook up some special plays.

aggressive play calling if we happen to have a lead at anytime
    You certainly can't afford to turn your offense off to sit on a lead. They need to call a mix of plays that gives them a chance to score efficiently, but ... if you're trying to vary outcomes more, there is something to be said for reducing sample size (in this case the number of drives). Running plays and quicker high percentage passes can keep the clock running, and with our options at tackle these plays are probably a more realistic choice for us this week. I know that goes against the really aggressive play calls, and I'm not saying you don't pick your spots and mix some in, but I think they should lean on the run this week.

Win the turnover battle. Gang tackle; the last man in strips the ball.

IF there is a viable alternative to generating a pass rush, use it - especially inside the red zone.

CCx

Hope you guys win today.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    I’ve been thinking the only way to keep this from being an absolute blowout is ball control. Our defense is going to get gassed. We need them off the field as much as possible
    Agree wholeheartedly. Best defense is a good offense. KC can’t score when their offense is off the field (that is, if our offense/special teams doesn’t give them points).

Blog Entries

Mannnn Fat Andy is going to take harbage and coaches behind the woodshed for an ole school whoopin.

Offensively:

1. Run the ball down their throats. This is the KCs defense weakness. Let Williams and Murray eat. This also keeps the defense fresh.

2. Play action on first down. Of course, they are expecting us to run. So, first play of the game should be a play action pass.

3. There must be quick routes where Lamar can get the ball out of his hand quickly.

4. Open up the play book. This means flea flickers, end arounds and/or reverses. We need lots of motion and misdirection.

5. The OL MUST block better. Without better pass protection we cannot win. Every point above is shit unless this happens.

Defensively:

1. Reduce the amount of blitzing. Mahomes feasts on the blitz. I do not wanna see ANY Cover 0 blitzes this game.

2. We need only send 5 guys max. And we need to disguise who we are sending by having everyone up at the line then drop players into their responsibilities. We need to see twists, stunts and overloads. I think Oweh on OBJ will be a key match up.

3. Main goal is to shut down Kelce and Hill. All double coverage. Mix up bracket and over/under. I'd like to see Jimmy Smith on Kelce every snap.

4. We need to get 3 and outs early to get off the field and stay fresh.

5. Force turnovers. I'm looking at you Fruit Punch.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GirlsKickButt; 09-19-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Don’t use the same vanilla play calling you lost three times in three years with, execute, and absolutely zero turnovers, drive killing penalties, missed field goals, etc. Play perfectly and control TOP, then just maybe. Fine line between playing aggressively, and playing stupidly. Sadly, my hunch is it will be more of the same with the peculiar offensive play calling.

Here’s a thought …maybe lock the visitors locker room door? Lol. If they can’t get to field they can’t win!!

Either that of see is Tonya Harding is around and put her Ex on Pat!

I kid. I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Lamar + 10 blockers
    Literally the best idea yet. Two of the 10 blockers need to be tight ends. Line up and push them back to Kansas

Blog Entries

the OL is an issue that needs to be coached and schemed around.

Anyhow, i think Greg has got a tall task on short notice to scheme up:

-Heavy dose of Read-option (preferably w/ Ty'Son)

-some max protect 2 man "shot plays"

-quick "no read" throws to WRs (screens, shallow cross "screen") etc for RAC..Duvernay

-RB primary routes (china, choice, texas)

-Read-Pass-Option: its criminal that the best read-option running offense runs fewer Run-Pass-Options then the Chiefs

-12 and 21 personnel where the TEs/FB chip or double the edges then delay release into their routes (if they go out)

Regular Drop back:

-quick game from empty and from gun- but Lamar has got to get the ball out quick

-mainly 3 & 5 step drops concepts; onus is Lamar to get the ball out quickly can't hold on to it for 3s average time to throw from week 1, no hesitation, no double clutching, no pump fakes--read it, confirm it, rip it

-Lamar need to be more decisive: either step up in the pocket or bail, clear the rush be explosive then reset or run

QB movement - dash and sprint (i'm not a fan of Roman's boot-action passing game)

DEF:

Mix it up on defense, don't rely so much on blitz
    make them earn their way down the field
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said