Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland at RT

1. Re: Cleveland at RT

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am still wondering why the Ravens even drafted Ben Cleveland in the first place. That third round pick should have been used on a RT not an OG. Ravens had already drafted Powers, Bredesen, and Phillips recently to play OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Harbs looking for the next Yanda!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

2. Re: Cleveland at RT

How about an unbalanced line?

Stanley - Bozeman (LG/C) - Zeitler - Cleveland - Villaneuva

Blog Entries

Re: Cleveland at RT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I’m not sure how many times I should say this but Cleveland was lackluster playing his natural position. .
    To say he was lackluster is being kind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    To say he was lackluster is being kind.
    His mind is on the upcoming squirrel season

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    His mind is on the upcoming squirrel season
    Lmao! If the commentators talk about this this damn squirrel story one more time, I'm gonna lose it lol

6. Re: Cleveland at RT

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am still wondering why the Ravens even drafted Ben Cleveland in the first place. That third round pick should have been used on a RT not an OG. Ravens had already drafted Powers, Bredesen, and Phillips recently to play OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...IR6H4SVGO4PME/

“John has been talking about Cleveland for like two months, really,” Baltimore GM Ravens Eric DeCosta said in the ESPN.com article. “So it was a relief for me to actually see him available when we picked. This was John’s pick.”

Need we say more? I didn't know Harbaugh was a draft expert. Ben Mason was probably his pick too. Isn't that the job of Eric DaCosta?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...IR6H4SVGO4PME/

“John has been talking about Cleveland for like two months, really,” Baltimore GM Ravens Eric DeCosta said in the ESPN.com article. “So it was a relief for me to actually see him available when we picked. This was John’s pick.”

Need we say more? I didn't know Harbaugh was a draft expert. Ben Mason was probably his pick too. Isn't that the job of Eric DaCosta?
    The third round is way too early in the draft to allow Harbaugh to pick a player. Maybe a 7th round pick, but that should be about it.

If the Ravens are going to throw away picks as "luxury picks", then I would rather they package some of those picks and move up in the draft.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

EDC bizarrely distanced himself from the Tyrie Phillips pick as well. I wonder what goes on in the draft room.

Blog Entries

I have mentioned my friend who works for Georgia bulldogs. He loves Cleveland and said we got the best guard in the draft. Biased of course but usually shoots straight

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I have mentioned my friend who works for Georgia bulldogs. He loves Cleveland and said we got the best guard in the draft. Biased of course but usually shoots straight
    I'm a Dawgs fan and might be biased, but I have a hard time believing Powers and Phillips are better options than Cleveland at G. I've watched Cleveland dominate against the best of the best in college. What he lacks in the passing game is made up for with his run blocking skills. I've heard the stories about him struggling in camp with his pass blocking, but Powers who was a healthy scratch most of the year last year and Phillips who has been underwhelming, can't possible be that much better. This is just my 2 cents though and would be severely concerned if this is the case.

11. Re: Cleveland at RT

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    I'm a Dawgs fan and might be biased, but I have a hard time believing Powers and Phillips are better options than Cleveland at G. I've watched Cleveland dominate against the best of the best in college. What he lacks in the passing game is made up for with his run blocking skills. I've heard the stories about him struggling in camp with his pass blocking, but Powers who was a healthy scratch most of the year last year and Phillips who has been underwhelming, can't possible be that much better. This is just my 2 cents though and would be severely concerned if this is the case.
    Put Ben Cleveland on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    He's obviously incredibly strong. The thing that stood out about AV on MNF was that, although a huge guy, he was so easily moved. I don't think Cleveland will allow them to move him so quickly

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!