Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I feel like, in the event Stanley wasn't ready to start the year, the team was already comfortable with the notion of swapping Villanueva to LT and swinging Phillips out to RT (I'm not sure I've seen enough agility from Phillips to ever project him as an NFL-quality tackle, but what the hell do I know).

To me, the combination of not drafting an OT and starting your Plan B - and putting him in the position to, himself, get injured - compounded one risk with another. And now here we are.
    It's been a year of bad luck and it's only compounding. Hopefully it's not going to be a condition where Stanley's ankle is permanently weakened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Let's say the Ravens did draft an OT in this year's draft is it a greater than 50% chance that Stanley begins the season on the PUP list? I really hope this isn't a case of rushing Stanley back because there was no viable short term alternative.
    I doubt that's how they were thinking. I believe they drafted who they thought were the best players. I'm sure the rankings might have been skewed to push some of the Tackles up but they didn't like them as much as the guys they took. Someone did an analysis of the height and arm length of the Tackles right before the draft. The Ravens are known for wanting guys of at least a certain height and arm length. The only guys who had that were Sewel and Slater who weren't falling to us. This group just didn't meet the requirements players they like at the position. That came up a lot when we passed on Trevin Jenkins. Sam Cosmi who was the guy I liked a lot has an arm length of 33". Ronnie Stanley is 35 5/8. Big difference. If that's what important to them they're going to take other guys instead of these Tackles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Is that a good thing? The tought of AV protecting Lamar's blind side scares the hell out of me.
    TIGER, I'm not happy either, but if you've got a better plan... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I'm not a Debbie Downer, just a realist.

We are now in "lost year" territory.

Taking on a 2001, 2005, 2007, 2015 feel.
    05, 07, 15 yup.

2001 Jamal's injury was major but we still made it to the divisional round. Not in the same stratosphere as the others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seems like their assessment of how ready Stanley would be for game 1 was faulty. If Brown had not been traded, I'd bet they would have PUP'd Stanley, but now we didn't have any viable alternative than trying to get him to go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    You both can hold hands whistling through the graveyard in your purple colored glasses.
    Cool. Let me know when you’re all done crying in your beer and ready to talk some football.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    We play some shitty teams. I expect a slight boost when Boyle and Bateman return.
    You mean IF they return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Cool. Let me know when you’re all done crying in your beer and ready to talk some football.
    You mean pointing out one or two plays out of 20 - 30 to show GRo adjusts to win games and that Boykin will be a 1000 yard WR, despite only catching 32 for 464 in two years? Hard pass.

Again, ya didn't answer my question of how many drop backs did the Ravens have in the second half? You know, it's called context? I guess those purple colored glasses are so dark you can't see through them.

Though the season is starting to resemble a briefcase full of dirty underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I totally agree with you. If it gets to the point where his health behind whatever line is out there is no longer guaranteed, I would definitely not be putting him out there anymore. Too much potential in 2022 and beyond to worry only about this year (which may or may not already be over - trying not be a pessimist but...)
    And you think Lamar would sit around and be okay with that? First and foremost he is an NFL QB and a competitor. Second, how much money does he stand to lose? You would need to give him a massive contract extension before he’d ever agree to sit almost the entire year because of risk of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You mean IF they return.

I'd give them a 95% chance of returning. Bateman was already jogging and Boyle had a few practices in. So both are close.